Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice olives to I think that species will end up being the first snake species I own. Such good colouring not as good as those green trees.:D

Judging solely on your posting history thus far, I'm going to recommend against you getting an Olive as your first snake. If you're hell-bent on it then at the very least, have a word to APS member Joemal first, and get him to show you a pic or two.

What is that phatty!!! It looks so COOL​.

Last edited:
I like ya first bhp Rob, almost fire red. stunning..

i love when you see some of the variety in some peoples collections.. makes me proud of Australian reptiles..

I like ya first bhp Rob, almost fire red. stunning..

Cheers Toby, I get that a lot. I never get any love for my girl, though. I love her twice as much to make up for it, though. :)

Are my brother owned 2 carpet pythons and I got some good hands on experience with them but sadly he bought a new tank that had a hole in it ,he did not know this, and they escaped never to be seen again.:( If you think that getting an olive as a first time snake is not such a good idea than I will take your word for it.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait your judging on my posting history ,then all I have to say is maybe your wrong maybe your right,:)

Wait your judging on my posting history ,then all I have to say is maybe your wrong maybe your right,:)

That could well be the case, which is why I emphasised the reason for my judgement.

Olives get kinda big, and big snakes can kinda hurt when they bite, but hey if you think you can handle it, go for it !

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...irst-half-decent-tag-show-194218/#post2259212

Also: [video=youtube;GxhoP9vcfaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhoP9vcfaQ[/video]

Last edited:

I want one, I want one, I want one... and very soon.. I am getting one :D

- - - Updated - - -

Phatty, what on earth kind of snake is that? The colours are so unusual!!

acbdbe8a.jpg

Nice olives to I think that species will end up being the first snake species that I ever own and will definitely wont be the last. Such good colouring not as good as those green trees.:D

Probably not a wise move. Did you see Brian in that clip, he's handled snakes for over 30 years, and that wasnt even a full grown Olive...

Phatty I will do what ever it takes to get one of those paradox albion Darwin carpet pythons even if it takes me my whole life to do so.:D:lol::D:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I handle my animals every day and they trust me as I trust them and from what I have leant is that olives are one of the best snakes for handling. I have never been bitten by my animals but I have been bitten by other people's animals.:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey where starting get a little of topic can you post some more photos and videos. I don't want this thread to turn into another debate.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I handle my animals every day and they trust me as I trust me and from what I have leant is that olives are one of the best snakes for handling. I have never been bitten by my animals but I have been bitten by other people's animals.:lol:[/QUOTE]

You do have a lot to learn! Mistakes happen out of a number of things, stupidity beening one of them you need to listen alittle more to what people say there are people out there whom know what there doing and still get bitten take in to considerate your hands are baby size to say rob (sorry rob) and think of more damage. Wanting every thing you see and admitting to it make people think you aren't serious in this hobby but what do I know I have taken me years to get the courage to get my GTP out of shear worry about an animal dying in my care of inexperience.

I handle my animals every day and they trust me as I trust me and from what I have leant is that olives are one of the best snakes for handling. I have never been bitten by my animals but I have been bitten by other people's animals.:lol:

You do have a lot to learn! Mistakes happen out of a number of things, stupidity beening one of them you need to listen alittle more to what people say there are people out there whom know what there doing and still get bitten take in to considerate your hands are baby size to say rob (sorry rob) and think of more damage. Wanting every thing you see and admitting to it make people think you aren't serious in this hobby but what do I know I have taken me years to get the courage to get my GTP out of shear worry about an animal dying in my care of inexperience.[/QUOTE] He doesn't look after his animals, his dad does.

Gonemad you right I do have a lot to learn when it comes to snakes because my experience ,with snakes, has only come from my brothers 2 carpet pythons that I used to handle and I know mistakes happen because that is what we learn from. You may not realise it ,thanks to my threads. But I always listen and learn and then correct where I went wrong.:lol::D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a very tall thirteen year old and my hands are most likely ,not 100% sure, to be bigger then yours. I'm not sure how big robs hands are or yours when I watch the video of snake bites I'm more looking at the snake not rob ,assuming that is the rob your talking about,.:D

- - - Updated - - -

Now can you guys post some more pics please I'm really want to see what you guys keep.:lol::Dnot trying to impose or anything I'm just generally curious.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 273219View attachment 273220View attachment 273221View attachment 273222View attachment 273223View attachment 273225View attachment 273227Here are some of my reptiles. Just fed my 7 year old bearded dragon and was hoping I could get a shot of him eating but he didn't want any more pellets he sometimes eats crickets ,woodies and his favourite mealworms and yes he is indeed a male because he has the bumps on his underside.:lol:

Last edited:
Yes that's the rob in talking about, my hands aren't that big as I am female. I was trying to say they grow into large animals and can do a lot of damage to smaller hands! I'm not in any way having ago at you! just wanted you to realize over your threads you have said you will get one of those, and first snake being olive that's fine mate if you dad is going to help, but if you surf other threat from before on olive you will realize they aren't really friendly and you need to spend a lot of time with them and take a lot of bites and that's ok if your prepared for that. I guy near me has one must admit it's so beautiful but such a b.t.h. It's always good to want something but homework must be done before broadcasting I'm getting one. Just a thought. Keep learning mate you have plenty of time to learn and enjoy.

I look after my animals ,Monitors_R_Us, no one else Gonemad don't believe him he doesn't know how to keep comments like that ,that are not true, to himself.

Gonemad you right I do have a lot to learn when it comes to snakes because my experience ,with snakes, has only come from my brothers 2 carpet pythons that I used to handle and I know mistakes happen because that is what we learn from. You may not realise it ,thanks to my threads. But I always listen and learn and then correct where I went wrong.:lol::D

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a very tall thirteen year old and my hands are most likely ,not 100% sure, to be bigger then yours. I'm not sure how big robs hands are or yours when I watch the video of snake bites I'm more looking at the snake not rob ,assuming that is the rob your talking about,.:D

- - - Updated - - -

Now can you guys post some more pics please I'm really want to see what you guys keep.:lol::Dnot trying to impose or anything I'm just generally curious.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 273219View attachment 273220View attachment 273221View attachment 273222View attachment 273223View attachment 273225View attachment 273227Here are some of my reptiles. Just fed my 7 year old bearded dragon and was hoping I could get a shot of him eating but he didn't want any more pellets he sometimes eats crickets ,woodies and his favourite mealworms and yes he is indeed a male because he has the bumps on his underside.:lol:
So you don't even feed him greens? :facepalm:

Why do people ,like you, keep talking about my dad in this thread? my dad dose not help out with handling and caring for my reptiles I know a lot more then him when it comes to animals I know a lot more then most people ,not all but most and most people are not on this site,.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes my dragon gets his greens he gets vegetables and some flowers so yes I do know how to look after him.

Last edited:
So you know so much with 7 years experience yet don't feed your adult beardie any greens? Look I am sorry I have no personal vendetta against young keepers of your age , you're 13 but when you come onto a reptile forum and immediately start creating multiple pointless threads, then people will alot more knowledge give you great advice and you disagree time after time and say blah blah I have 7 years experience when clearly you do not. Your threads show you are after multiple species yet you can barely look after the ones you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back