My Snake Just Laid Eggs What Do I Do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi , My female coastal carpet python just layed eggs .Im not sure how many but I know there is more then ten eggs. She was with a male for a while we were away a few weeks ago. She is now coiled up on them.I have noticed she is "shaking" but iam not sure why.
there a five eggs that she isnt laying on and are just sitting beside her one of which is small and yellow are these infertile?. These were just pets and had no intention of breeding them. What do i do with the eggs i dont really want to buy an incubator the internet said that they can incubate the eggs themselves?
Thanks for your help
snake eggs 091.jpg
Any Advice?snake eggs 064.jpg

The yellow one is infertile and wont hatch and for the shaking that is just her way of warming the eggs grab the white and artifically incubate them

Ok Thanks Should I Remove the yellow eggs from the cage? also there is one egg that is half yellow and half white what do i do with that?
Thanks For your help

If the egg is significantly smaller, remove it if you can. If not, just leave it. The eggs will soon be stuck together so much that you can't separate them. The yellow one is a slug (infertile), but it looks like she has missed curling around four perfectly good eggs. You could try putting them in a ventilated container with damp vermiculite in a warm spot in the enclosure and letting them incubate at about 30-32 degrees. You can also incubate over water. There are many threads on this. If y our enclosure has an appropriate spot, put the container there. Just don't let it get too hot or it will cook the eggs.

The female will incubate the eggs, but it is usually best to let her do this in an insulated nest box. I takes a lot of energy to shiver for two months and that is how long they may take to hatch. Good luck!

if ur using a thermostat to heat the cage set it at 31c, which will be a good temp to brood the eggs, no worries letting her incubate the eggs. try to maintain the right humidity in the cage so the eggs dont dry out

there are options you can take, 1. if you dont want a hole heep of babies to try get feeding in 55-60 days time I would suguest finding a breeder near you to take them all off your hands to incubate and do what they wish with them, you are entitles to choose if they get a pair, 50/50 or you get a pair at the end of it though. 2. leave them with mum but you'll need to suply her with proper nesting so she can do the job properly, and at the emd of 55-60 days you'll need to suply food and housing for all babies plus find new homes. I would also make a incubator from a foam box and get some heat pad or cord, thermometer/hydrometer, thermostat, tub and verm or a tub with platform and incubate the 4 white ones over water. they need to be around 30-31deg and 80-100% humidity. also get a small led torch to camdle them. if they haveviens there firtile and if there yellow no viens there not. also do not roll the eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back