Vic record keeping of bluetongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Vic laws but my guess is that there are licensed trapper whom have permission to take a small number of animals from wild.

Ok so there is a chance that I might get on of these permits? Yes/no

Ok so there is a chance that I might get on of these permits? Yes/no

NO!

The thing is they are a reptile that is off licence, BUT you are still required to be able to prove that you purchased it
legally!

Taken from site rules

15.No member may make a post, thread or visitor message that encourages others to break any law, or promotes illegal activity (for example, keeping without a licence, illegally taking animals from the wild, smuggling, wiring your own cages, feeding live rodents or freezing live rodents)

Therefore he should be infracted accordingly.

I have bought blueys from the expo and from private sellers with no details being exchanged. All i had to do was put in my record when when i purchased and when i sold them.

Taken from site rules

15.No member may make a post, thread or visitor message that encourages others to break any law, or promotes illegal activity (for example, keeping without a licence, illegally taking animals from the wild, smuggling, wiring your own cages, feeding live rodents or freezing live rodents)

lol what does it mean by wiring your own cages? does it mean that you canot wire your enclosure if you were building

lol what does it mean by wiring your own cages? does it mean that you canot wire your enclosure if you were building

You need an electrician to sign off on anything thats not prewired or 12v DC.

If I have broken any site rules then I will be delt with but may I remind you 'Monitors_R_Us' that you have broken rule one a number of times so do not bring up who's braking which site rule when you clearly don't obey by rule number one ,1. Be kind to all members ,name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated,

Taken from site rules

I didn't realise it was illegal to wire your own cage... But it does make sense. Feeding live rats isn't technically illegal. It is a animal rights issue and definely not recommended. RSPCA have a write up on it on their website. That being said I believe it should be illegal, because like I told Fulmer it creates unnecessary pain for the rat and possibly the snake.

Oh and reptiles4me by law when "relocating" an animal you have to release it within 24hrs and with in 5km of where you caught it. Seriously, I know your only 13 but go to the DSE Vic website and read the keeping and trading wildlife section. Go look at the private license form and read ALL the conditions.
while you are at it get your parents to read it to. The reptiles are being kept under their roof. They should probably know this stuff as well. Especially because they would probably be the ones paying to fine, if you got caught.

It is really starting to annoy me the amount of posts from people who have not read that form. It is a legal document. Read it before you sign.

Last edited:
If I have broken any site rules then I will be delt with but may I remind you 'Monitors_R_Us' that you have broken rule one a number of times so do not bring up who's braking which site rule when you clearly don't obey by rule number one ,1. Be kind to all members ,name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated,
Ok find me a quote where I have called you a name or been nasty.... oh wait you can't.

Guys, this is a reptile forum, treat it as such please. Keep all your posts on topic and relevant.

Monitors_R_Us
Several times you have said something like 'can someone put a ban on this kid' and in the thread 'ignore list started by SniperCap' you inferred me as being dumb. Your exact words were 'oh Jesus thankyou ,no more annoying as hell dumb 13 year olds.:p'. So if you want proof of your 'site rule braking' there it is. Now have a nice day.

At least the op got the right answers before reptile4me and monitor hijacked the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back