Meet X (the File snake)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here's my new bloke, a little Arafura File, currently known as X.

He's pretty relaxed exploring his 4 foot tank with a million places to hide. Funny though, the fish look a bit nervous :D.

View attachment 273341View attachment 273342View attachment 273339View attachment 273340

View attachment 273343View attachment 273344View attachment 273345View attachment 273346

View attachment 273348View attachment 273347View attachment 273349

Very happy with the new acquisition!

Also rebuilding Azzi the BHP's enclosure and picked this one up for $50 off Gumtree as temporary digs. Happy with that too.

View attachment 273350

But especially happy that there's a wall of cold water coming our way on a stinking hot day when Power and Water decided it was good opportunity to turn off the power and check their lines! There will be volts :)

View attachment 273352

What a beauty, well done Steve. I know you have been looking forward to getting him for a while now and I can see why.

wow man congrats that is one cool snake
ha ha poor rainbowfish

Good on you, now my daughter added one of these to her already extensive wish list!!!! :facepalm:

wow man congrats that is one cool snake
ha ha poor rainbowfish

We deeply respect their sacrifice but we're going on a holiday to Mexico (Oz version) and this makes feeding him easy!

Very cool indeed... Quick question are people breeding these now or are they wild caught on permits...??

:DI have never seen a file snake before 'well at least I don't think I have' but seeing yours makes me want one. Very jealous 'good on you'.:lol:

Good on you, now my daughter added one of these to her already extensive wish list!!!! :facepalm:

Good luck finding one! Took me a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Very cool indeed... Quick question are people breeding these now or are they wild caught on permits...??

This bloke is locally bred, they are protected in the NT. They breed every second or third year so they dont come onto the market often. There are a couple more where I got X. Can pm you if you want.

Awesome thats great to hear people are taking the time to unravel the mysteries of such a beautiful snake as im sure they wouldnt be the easiest to breed... Congrats on your purchase but i definately dont have time for more snakes especially an aquatic one (as much as i would love too)! Enjoy a fantastic animal...!
Alex

Maybe you need someone to check on your animals while your away Steve

Maybe you need someone to check on your animals while your away Steve

Ha ha. We had plenty of volunteers before the Tarantula arrived, seem to have thinned out a bit :)

Thanks Specks but it's already a done deal.

Fantastic! I've liked them since I first saw one at the Sydney aquarium, thanks for sharing :)

Haha nice Steve
Having seen plenty of these guys out and about I can understand why you wanted to keep one, interesting fellas and just a bit different

You have a tarantula Steve? That's awesome I might get one at the 2013 VHS expo. The file snake will always be awesome as well.

wow! awesome how much was he (if you dont mind me asking) they look really cool, i remember you talking about getting one a while ago on a thread great to see you got one, there will be some AWESOME times ahead! :D

wow! awesome how much was he (if you dont mind me asking) they look really cool, i remember you talking about getting one a while ago on a thread great to see you got one, there will be some AWESOME times ahead! :D

Cheers W, 400 and worth every cent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back