Children's python click clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
Would the snake be better of in a 7 litre click clack rather than a 2 litre?
Thanks guys :)

Hi, from what i found when looking around about this topic it seems that many people agree on the use of the 7L click-clack's for hatchies.

7L sistema tubs are perfect for young Antaresia, 3 sheets of paper towel folded in half (1.5 sheets long) fit perfectly in the bottom.

How big of a water bowl is too big?
And, at what size do I move it up to its big enclosure?
Thanks guys :)

Vegemite lids are good, replace the water at least every 2nd day.

When they look like they are growing out of the 7L tubs (6-8months) i move them into 20L starmaids, then into something like a 3x2x2 enlcosure at 12-15 months, plenty big enough for a childrens

Vegemite lids are good, replace the water at least every 2nd day.

When they look like they are growing out of the 7L tubs (6-8months) i move them into 20L starmaids, then into something like a 3x2x2 enlcosure at 12-15 months, plenty big enough for a childrens
Instead of moving it into the 20L tub, could I just move it straght to the 3x2x2?

You could, and plenty do, i think they tend to grow out of the 7L tubs before they are ready for a big enclosure, the 20L tubs are only about $9 so not a big outlay and you always reuse it later for storing stuff in.

You could, and plenty do, i think they tend to grow out of the 7L tubs before they are ready for a big enclosure, the 20L tubs are only about $9 so not a big outlay and you always reuse it later for storing stuff in.
Thanks for the help/info mate :lol:

The breeder I am getting my snakes off doesnt use hides at all..
So should I continue with not using hides or still put them in even though he doesnt?
Hope that makes sense

Put a hide and see if the snake decides to use it. My bet is he will. The hide just makes the animal feel more safe/secure, you will probably find he will settle down a lot quicker for you, too.

If you decide not to use a hide, and somewhere down the line you run into issues, when you come here asking for advice the first thing you will be told to do is ensure you have adequate hiding spots.

You should definately provide at least 1 hide, you will be moving your hatchie to a new environment with diffent vibes and different amounts of traffic around it and should have something that it can climb into to feel secure.

Defiantely put at least one hide in, old medicine boxes work well or small ceramic pot saucers with a hole knocked in them. Don't make the hide to big, the snake will like to fell secure, upgrade the hide as the snake grows. oyu'll be amazed at the small spaces they can fit in, my 13 month old childrens still loves his panadol box.

Defiantely put at least one hide in, old medicine boxes work well or small ceramic pot saucers with a hole knocked in them. Don't make the hide to big, the snake will like to fell secure, upgrade the hide as the snake grows. oyu'll be amazed at the small spaces they can fit in, my 13 month old childrens still loves his panadol box.
How long is he?
Sounds like a tight sqeeze! haha

If using a paper substrate hides aren't really necessary as they tend to hide under the paper regardless.

I have no idea hom small my snake is going to be when I get it.. Its going to be 3-4 weeks old.. Can someone give me an idea on its size?
Thanks guys

Tiny! Smaller than a snakes alive lolly. If it is only 3-4 weeks old make sure it has had at least 3-4 unassisted feeds before you take possesion of it.

Tiny! Smaller than a snakes alive lolly. If it is only 3-4 weeks old make sure it has had at least 3-4 unassisted feeds before you take possesion of it.
Holy Crap!
Thanks mate.
I had my click clack running all day yesterday. It was a fairly warm day (30 degrees) And the hot end was at 31 and the cool end was 30. What do I do on days like that to provide a cool end? Because some days here can get up to 40 degrees..

Holy Crap!
Thanks mate.
I had my click clack running all day yesterday. It was a fairly warm day (30 degrees) And the hot end was at 31 and the cool end was 30. What do I do on days like that to provide a cool end? Because some days here can get up to 40 degrees..

Put it somewhere where the ambient temps are significantly lower, if possible. On *hot* days you may want to turn the heating off, too.

Put it somewhere where the ambient temps are significantly lower, if possible. On *hot* days you may want to turn the heating off, too.
Like in the laudry/bathroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back