My lizard has stopped eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilequeen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a 10 year old Cunningham skink he's 10 years old, still quite active. There appears to be nothing wrong with him, he's active and he appears well and his look and behaviour are as always, but he wont eat. Ive tried changing his diet, but it makes no difference, he seems to have lost interest in food. Even his favourite food, he is disinterested, yet he is still active and alert and he is not hiding himself away. Everything appears to be still very normal except his eating. I can't work this one out and it does worry me. I hope its not the start of something I dont want to loose him. Thanks in advance

I have a 10 year old Cunningham skink he's 10 years old, still quite active. There appears to be nothing wrong with him, he's active and he appears well and his look and behaviour are as always, but he wont eat. Ive tried changing his diet, but it makes no difference, he seems to have lost interest in food. Even his favourite food, he is disinterested, yet he is still active and alert and he is not hiding himself away. Everything appears to be still very normal except his eating. I can't work this one out and it does worry me. I hope its not the start of something I dont want to loose him. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE has it got any colder then usual where you live, I know that when it gets colder up here my bluey goes off food altogether for months without losing weight. This is a normal thing for skinks, and is called brumation. If the temp hasn't dropped take it to a vet and see what they say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back