Who to ring for unlicensed snake keeping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gemrock2hot

Reaction score
Hi a friend of mine wants to find out who ring to report a person who is keeping snakes unlicensed and in bad conditions.... possibly even dead snakes in enclosures.... Does someone have a qld number to ring?

Hi a friend of mine wants to find out who ring to report a person who is keeping snakes unlicensed and in bad conditions.... possibly even dead snakes in enclosures.... Does someone have a qld number to ring?
best start would be the relevant licensing authority in your state

To be honest I'm yet to hear one of these stories end well....

I thought the DEHP was only concerned about locking people out of national parks?

I'm pretty sure that comment was meant tongue-in-cheek? lol

DEHP handle all Wildlife licensing - it used to come under the DERM banner.

dehp is a waste of time you need a bomb under that lot to get them to move, i reported a dude for selling corns and ball pythons 9 months ago he is still doin it today and nothing was done.

To be honest I'm yet to hear one of these stories end well....

I thought the DEHP was only concerned about locking people out of national parks?
In NSW you can get in as long as it is to shoot something.

1800 animal I've used it on a pet shot once and the next week they were up to scratch.
So give that a go

mate I would call as many people as you can, clearly it's hard to get a response from government departments so try as many as you can, soon you will be annoying enough to listen to. Sadly it's the only way to get things done these days.

forget rspca they only care about all things cute and cuddly , just get in contact with your local parks and wildlife authorities and let them know whats going on , than continue to pester them daily and you just might get some results good luck

In NSW you can get in as long as it is to shoot something.
Just to clarify....in NSW the Shooters Party have done a deal with the Liberal Governement to allow hunting in National Parks. Why , you say.... So the Libs can sell off power stations to private enterprise. Win win eh.

What does possible dead snakes mean? Either the are or they are not.If they can't tell the difference between alive or dead then perhaps they have no idea what they are looking at anyway.

What does possible dead snakes mean? Either the are or they are not.If they can't tell the difference between alive or dead then perhaps they have no idea what they are looking at anyway.

they're poss het for dead

Just to clarify....in NSW the Shooters Party have done a deal with the Liberal Governement to allow hunting in National Parks. Why , you say.... So the Libs can sell off power stations to private enterprise. Win win eh.

as far as I know that hasn't gone through yet, as were still somewhat under a labour government... with enough people fighting it it won't either. National Parks should be for enjoyment for everyone.... except the hardcore MTB boys... :p
Realistically all that will do is make it easier for anyone to get a reason to shoot in NSW. :facepalm: sometimes I wonder when we will do a u-turn on the metric system....

as far as I know that hasn't gone through yet, as were still somewhat under a labour government... with enough people fighting it it won't either. National Parks should be for enjoyment for everyone.... except the hardcore MTB boys... :p
Realistically all that will do is make it easier for anyone to get a reason to shoot in NSW. :facepalm: sometimes I wonder when we will do a u-turn on the metric system....
getting a reason to shoot is already easy...having NP as a shooters area wont make it any easier than it already is

Last edited by a moderator:
getting a reason to shoot is already easy... having NP as a shooters area wont make it any easier than it already is
Will just create more moving targets to shoot at. 4wd dirtbikes mtb and bush walkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. Greenwillow here (Wokka's daughter and ex-moderator from years ago).

Wokka is correct. The state Liberal government, under Barry O'Farrell has indeed done a deal with the Shooters and Fisher's Party to allow hunting in National Parks. This was in return for the Shooters voting for legislation to enable the sell off of state electricity assets. This passed around the middle of this year.

As yet the new laws haven't been enacted (as in, the laws are in place, but the "start" button hasn't been pressed yet) however this hasn't stopped hunters from shooting in National Parks already. And not just feral animals, as the law allows, but natives including kangaroos, wallabys, wombats and anything else with a pulse that steps infront of their crosshairs, maybe even the odd herper or two.

I was going to tell you all about the new duck hunting laws which have also been passed in NSW, again thanks to O'Farrell doing a deal with the Shooters party, this time to secure the leasing out of a couple of ports, but I remember the rules of APS and don't want to take this thread too off-topic.

Cheers, Greenwillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back