Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aguvuqeg.jpg

ery2ajum.jpg

bezygatu.jpg

Hi Guys/Girls.
I have a nearly 2 year old BHP, I have had since the start of April this year, she is the best snake <3
Anyway, I gave her a quail the other day(2 days ago) and she seemed to be choking on it? I have never seen her do that before and got really worried, I was able to remove the quail without hurting her, the wings were the thing that was making it get stuck. I have pictures, will upload them shortly. Has anyone had this before and should I just cut the wings off before I feed it to her? She gets quails every fourth feed, is this okay or is it too often/ not enough? Sometimes it is every fifth or sixth feed, depending on if my supplier has any.
She was a bit dissapointed that she didnt get a quail but I fed her a rat instead and she downed it quickly.
Cheers

The first clutch for the year are out. They are Axanthic and het Axanthic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 143
some nice hatchies coming out this season by the looks of the pics on this thread!
i snuck a look into Den's incubator over the weekend and saw this little guy! from a normal qld dajarra pairing..
he sure breeds them good!

Attachments

• DSCN5335.jpg
    DSCN5335.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 82
Not mine but I think it's a stunning specimen My mum and dad found on one of their many caravaning trips. This one is from Porcupine Gorge in Nth Queensland, near Hughenden and it was between 6 & 7ft long across a walking track. In no hurry to move when approached either. :)

P1010117.jpg

P1010115.jpg

P1010113.jpg

So Ive made a click clack out of a 35L container, would that be too big for an 8 week or so old hatchy?

I get the hatchy on the 20th so I have time to change to a more appropriate size.

Here is an update of my WA baby girl. She has really contrasted up since I bought her.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355186253500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355186253500.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
This was her last year. Even after sloughing she looked the same.
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355186572101.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355186572101.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 170
Back