NSW How Hard Can It Be.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into a local petshop today trying to get a MVB. This petshop has recently gone under new ownership and trying to stock more reptile related stock. Speaking to the new owner was told the approval has been granted and just needs some details to be sorted but Dec 3rd is what i was told will be the date they will be able to sell. Also Shops will require licenses to display/sell

Apparently the Dec 3rd go ahead was cancelled due to big breeders here in NSW kicking up such a fuss about losing their profits.....back to the dark ages it seems.

Apparently the Dec 3rd go ahead was cancelled due to big breeders here in NSW kicking up such a fuss about losing their profits.....back to the dark ages it seems.

I think that is utter nonsense given that keepers in general had/have zero input into any decisions with regard to petshops in NSW.

I'll second that as utter nonsense, big breeders are the ones who will benefit most from petshops selling reptiles. (other then the petshops themselves)

Plus no governement would give a hoot what a few big breeders think anyway.

as posted by fay in the other thread "From what I have been told......it was supposed to be done on the quiet. And as you know...some cannot keep their big mouths shut, apparently pet shops were bombarding the OEH offices about getting a licence to sell etc. So the minister said stuff it, it can wait till next year. Monday's meeting has been cancelled."

i was told the same today by the petshop i spoke about earlier

I think that is utter nonsense given that keepers in general had/have zero input into any decisions with regard to petshops in NSW.

Really? Who do you think lobbied them in the first place? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll second that as utter nonsense, big breeders are the ones who will benefit most from petshops selling reptiles. (other then the petshops themselves)

Plus no governement would give a hoot what a few big breeders think anyway.

How do you figure that? If they don't have to compete with shops doesn't that give them a sort of monopoly on the market here in NSW? Atleast thats the thought process I understand that scuppered the deal.

Most things are changed or not changed because people lobby one side or the other until eventually one side wins...thats how government works lol. You would be foolish to believe that threatened petitions and lobbying and outright threats near voting time don't have much sway.

Really? Who do you think lobbied them in the first place? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

How do you figure that? If they don't have to compete with shops doesn't that give them a sort of monopoly on the market here in NSW? Atleast thats the thought process I understand that scuppered the deal.

Most things are changed or not changed because people lobby one side or the other until eventually one side wins...thats how government works lol. You would be foolish to believe that threatened petitions and lobbying and outright threats near voting time don't have much sway.

The larger private breeders don't just produce stunnng animals, they also produce alot of average animals that are hard to move. Petshops give them the oppurtunity to move these animals on quickly and in bulk.

And in regards to lobbying and threats, other then a few threads on here I'd love to see the petitions and threats that the 'big breeders' made to cancel the meeting.

Its far more likely ( I can guarantee they have) that DEC have been monitoring these threads on the issue and just decided to pull the pin... DEC didnt listen to "Big Breeders" about cage sizes, I doubt they would start now. IMO they have done the right thing... if its true

[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back