Tenacious little beggar, Pseudothecadactylus lindneri +

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tropicbreeze

Reaction score
Out and about earlier this week on an outlier of the Arnhem Land Plateau. Didn't find as much as I'd hoped.

This was one of the highlights (not my hands). They can get quite attached and then not let go even if they're free to do so.

Was amazed to see this Carlia amex up so late at night, about 9PM, way past its bedtime.

Most other herps bolted before you could get a good look, let alone a photo.

Some of the non-herps.
Thought this little fella was a Jumping Spider at first, but it's something else.

An orb weaver

Very small tail but large nippers for a scorpion.

Really lovely pictures! That little gecko is so adorable!

Thanks for the comments. And thanks for the ID on the scorpion Richoman_3. Yes, that gecko is adorable, quite easy to get attached to, LOL.

Nice pics. So nice of you to give the hungry gecko a little feed. :lol:

I find it interesting with scorpions that the smaller the breed the more nasty the sting and that the bigger ones the sting is no big deal as they rely on their claws to subdue prey.

- - - Updated - - -

What variety is the gecko? Common name is fine for me, I'm a pleb when it comes to Latin. :D

Thanks for that, after I posted I paid closer attention to the thread title and noticed the latin and Googled it. They sure are pretty, I was a bit surprised by how long they get. I'm used to much smaller varieties around here.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, wasn't my hand it bit. But it certainly wasn't in a hurry to let go. Must have thought "While I've got him down I might as well keep him there".

THe jumping spider is indeed a jumping spider (Salticid). Probably undescribed! There is a similar one in the Kimberley that was only described 7 years or so ago. Maybe someone at the NT Museum might be able to help with the ID? They'd know someone if they couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back