How small is too small

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
These eggs were laid the other day by a very pretty Leigh Creek Stimmi. Being the first clutch for this girl I wasn't expecting any where near this number of eggs.
I have in the past hatched Stimmies but never this number OR eggs this small.

I weighed a few and it looks like they average about 12 grams. Going on the weight of jungle eggs, 34 grams, and the hatchies, 24 grams, I expect these little ones to be around the 8 gram mark.

Could be interesting times getting something that small to feed.

Attachments

• 4030.JPG
    4030.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 216
woah, what a clutch. i have never bred them so im not sure about size but they look good. Any slugs?

woah, what a clutch. i have never bred them so im not sure about size but they look good. Any slugs?

No slugs, all looking good....The most I've had a Stimmie drop in the past was 10. Sure wasn't expecting this many.....

That's a decent clutch for a first clutch Nev. My Windorah girls usually lay around 18-20 eggs with the two oldest girls laying 24-26 eggs.

Cheers,
Al

That's a decent clutch for a first clutch Nev. My Windorah girls usually lay around 18-20 eggs with the two oldest girls laying 24-26 eggs.

Cheers,
Al

24/26 eggs from a Stimmie, wow that's amazing. In the past I've had different ones drop 8 to 10 but to get almost double that number amazed me.

Cheers,
Al

What's the weight on the females mate.. my girls around the 260+g mark and I'm thinking of giving her ago next season if she stacks on a bit more weight?

Wouldn't have a clue Red-Ink, I have never weighed any of my snakes, they aren't any bigger than the average adult stimi though, they just throw good size clutches.

So long as the eggs are fertile, wich you can determine by candling a few days following their being layed, the size is not all that relevant. They might hatch out a little smaller than the avearge but with appropriate care and feeding will make up the difference fairly rapidly. Good luck with the younguns!

Blue

That's a lot of eggs, keep us updated and post pics at hatch time plz..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back