Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dramallama01.jpg

hahahaha

Ok I live behind the Melbourne airport it is close to Tullamarine about 10 mins away.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I got the wrong address in the maps for the hospital that you are talking about I will retry finding the hospital.

Heh, So am I but I round it up to Tullamarine too. Either way its an hour and 10 minutes at most unless peak traffic.

I get a bit of that peak traffic as I come out towards Melbourne or when I'm just entering Tullamarine. My mum drives of curse.:D

If your just here to argue your not doing anyone any favors..
Well I am here just to (hopefully) learn as much as I can about pythons, and all I see around here is arguments and users that have been suspended. Ive asked a few questions for a response from just one user. Sick one.

And people wonder, why so many have left this forum........?

I can't see why anyone would leave this forum ,on that reason white wolf, I mean sure there are some users that do just argue and pick on other users but there are users that are extremely helpful. If a user is being a bit of a bully or pest then just add them to ignore list it's not that hard to do.

Last edited:
I can't see why anyone would leave this forum ,on that reason white wolf, I mean sure there are some users that do just argue and pick on other users but there are users that are extremely helpful. If a user is being a bit of a bully or pest then just add them to ignore list it's not that hard to do.

Curiosity gets the better of them as you can't see what they post but can see that they posted.

That's a fair comment. I know a lot of people ,myself included, that are pretty curious. I know I wouldn't leave just because I had a couple of arguments ,and I have had a few arguments with other users, but that's just me ,I'm really tolerant of people who 'have a go at me' pluss I think there are more users that help then there are that argue.:D I don't know what you guys think ,they are just my thoughts.

Back on topic..... I promise you that the drive to see Dr Simpson will be worth it. He is a fantastic reptile vet(& other animal vet), I cannot praise him and Karla enough for how they have taken care of my animals. I have been to another reptile vet in the past and they didn't come close to being as good as Shane.

Thanks for that advice.:D I will ,most likely, use the closet vet but I will look at both options. I have not needed a vet yet. I only started this thread because I frequently buy geckos ,and other lizards, and they tend to be a bit snappy in the first week or so ,after purchase, and If I get bitten especially by babies ,geckos having very week jaws, due to their small bones they may end up axerdently breaking a bone. It hasn't happened yet ,I have still been bitten, but I want to be prepared in case it dose.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarah_m thank you for getting this thread back on topic.:D

Last edited:
I highly doubt an animal would break its jaw from biting you. Your hand is much softer than a cricket or woody exoskeleton. If you are worried about it though, why not just mitigate the risk entirely by not handling them in that first week? I was under the impression that gex are a look but don't touch animal anyway

Like I said it has not happened yet. I read lots about geckos and that thing about breaking their jaw was just something I have read about them not sure how tue it is but like some people say 'anything that can go wrong will go wrong'. I don't handle them in the first week but I hand feed all my reptiles from day one to start building a bond or trust between both of us. I have a respect for all animals in captivity and the wild.

Maybe you shouldn't hand feed them in the first week, if you are afraid of them breaking their jaw. I thought the only way they could break their jaw on your hand is if you jerk away from them. I dare you to try hand feeding the olive or woma python you want. I bet you will build lots of trust. :) haha

Like I said it has not happened yet. I read lots about geckos and that thing about breaking their jaw was just something I have read about them not sure how tue it is but like some people say 'anything that can go wrong will go wrong'. I don't handle them in the first week but I hand feed all my reptiles from day one to start building a bond or trust between both of us. I have a respect for all animals in captivity and the wild.

Gecko's are a look and dont play with creature, they do not like being molested for your self gratification
Leave them be and they will be a lot happier!

I think I might use the tongs when he/she gets a bit bigger or I will just through the rats in the enclosure. I hand feed my mertens water monitor all the time. My dad thought he'd be smart and try this as well ,he dose not help look after him/her or any of my reptiles for that matter he just wanted to try it, and he ended up with a bloody finger. Hahaha he won't be doing that again the funny thing is that he's the only person that has ever been bitten by him/her.LOL:DI don't handle my geckos that much ,only once or twice every 2-3 weeks. It's just to let them explore outside the enclosure. Have to keep an eye on them ,little escape artists hahaha.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back