Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike Aspen snake bedding so incredibly much. I used it once for a week and in that week I pulled 10 pieces from my snake that had been so sharp they wedged themselves under his scales. I use coir peat because it looks natural, is smell free, highly inexpensive and is soft so I don't have to worry about my poor snakes getting splinters.
PLEASE NOTE: This is my personal opinion only.

I would be interested if other members have had the same experience? I've never heard or seen this happen and I'm thinking about using it for my BHP.

i use have used aspen for childrens, rsp, and womas. never had an issue with it. love the stuff. only down side is the price.

Snakes do not sit in one position and eat like a cat, dog etc. so this won't work.

They (snakes) have been around for millions of years, they are not pathetic animals that require the utmost care and cautiousness... If they were to die every time they accidentally ingested something whilst eating, they wouldn't be so successful now would they?

Substrate can be anything from paper towel and newspaper, to bark, mulch, gravel and so on...

Have read so much stuff on what an what not to use.sum1 always has sumthng different.like u say they have been around for a long time.since this will be my 1st snake just want it to look good an be healthy.thanks for ur answer,I may be reading to much into the whole substrate thing

- - - Updated - - -

I should have clarified I scoop a one inch or so radius around the soild area.

Oh ok.yea tht sounds really good .thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I had a bad bag?

This just shows my point.1 person can dislike sumthing but others love to use the stuff.its very interesting from a newbies point,I guess it's each to thr own

- - - Updated - - -

I use fake grass, it's easy to clean and relatively cheap. I have a spare piece cut for each enclosure so i can just change it over, hose it off and let it hang in the sun for a few days.

This is good to know an my cousin brought to much for her turtle an is going to give me the extra.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back