Beardy Breeding Age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blueys

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a 6 year old CBD. I believe he is a male. Was just curious if it was possible to breed him. He has never bred before and I can't seem to find anywhere about a age limit for them, only when they can start breeding. Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

By that age a Central Bearded Dragon would almost certainly be able to breed, unless it has been seriously underfed for a significant period of time. Is he a normal adult size?

About 3 is a safe age to breed as long as the female is of a healthy weight and size. A 6yo would be a great breeding age :)

Im saying a safe age, They can and do mate and lay much younger but ive always kept them till they are a little older.. Not all do ive heard it common to breed that young but it comes down to condition and size to be honest.. What sort of weight and length is she maddog? Also hows your GT stripe beardie going (sort of off topic) ;)

he's going good mate, he is pretty much full length now, just waitin for his head to fatten up a bit now and he will be full grown. him and the girl who just layed are both sitting at about 20cm nose to vent, dont know about weight, but she is healthy....i have been breeding my own woodies , so they do not suffer from hunger,lol

i did not mean to breed her yet, i thought she would have still been too young, but someone obviously jumped on her while i had em all outside and cleaning their tanks. wish my red female was so easy,lol

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I might see if i can get a female beardy for him now and see what happens. Yeah Bushman he is normal adult size and has been fed well throughout his life. Wow maddog thats interesting, I never would have thought that was even possible at that age lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back