Brown Nose

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
Removed this brown nose from a house yesterday. While trying to photo the animal got a call about a guinea pig cage and a snake and would not have been able complete the photography except for the assistance of another APS member. The photos are of acceptable quality!

Oh and on the way to the guinea pig cage I scored a speeding ticket from two female police women young enough to be my grand kids! I've computed the frequency of my tickets and have worked out that the next is due in 2048, a date I'm not looking forward to!

Attachments

• DSC_8629.JPG
    DSC_8629.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC_8634.JPG
    DSC_8634.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC_8641.JPG
    DSC_8641.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_8644.JPG
    DSC_8644.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC_8665.JPG
    DSC_8665.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 201
Are these venomous?.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

It's a Red Bellied Black snake, Endeavour, and yes - venomous they are.

Oh, and nice pics, Mark.

i was waiting for someone to tell them it was RBB, i work with about three all different ages and they do get to know the little trick of getting the water blow out and tend to go for your hand. And the biggest is a male we have that follows every move you make in the room too.

[QUOTE=dragonlover1;2284357

Oddly enough these are not native to the UK and as this is a forum that attracts people from other countries I considered it a useful question to ask.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the Queensland form of the species - hence the thread title!

I was keeping it simple for our UK friend.

Do all the QLD form animals have the brown nose ? I've seen the odd pic before but I wasn't aware it was a locale-specific trait.

Last edited:
I was keeping it simple for our UK friend.
I like to complicate things - to generate questions and stimulate inquiring minds! A question asked is often knowledge gained.

Do all the QLD form animals have the brown nose ?

As far as I know, all Queensland RBBS have brown noses. I have not encountered one without.

As far as I know, all Queensland RBBS have brown noses. I have not encountered one without.

So now that you've started 20 Questions ;)......... Do the neonates have it as well ?

So now that you've started 20 Questions ;)
Too busy a day and I'm as relaxed and comfortable as a newt so you will properly only get one or two more out of me.

......... Do the neonates have it as well ?
I don't know, but very small animals have the brown nose, that animal in the click click was only about 300mm long

Attachments

• DSC_7746.jpg
    DSC_7746.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_7977.jpg
    DSC_7977.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 99
Good stuff F. I'm sure the adolecent policewomen were sympathetic to to your urgent mission, ho ho ho.

In SA they have very black noses. I grew up believing they were non venemous (that's what they told us). We caught many as kids but none of us were ever bitten. Fortune favours the ignorant at times.

Being a good mod requires skills to identify trolls, not snakes lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The subject and photos are delicious. Thanks for that.

I would have asked if they were venomous as well. But then again I'm just a stupid Yank! All ribbing aside, that's quite a wonderful looking specimen. I wish there was someone around my parts that would apprentice me for handling of vens. It bothers me to no end to hear folks at work talk about how they "fixed that slimy snake with a hoe to the head". Come to find out its just a harmless ratsnake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back