water python enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

0bradl14

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
is it okay that water pythons be kept in a similar enclosure to carpet pythons but with a larger area for water dish ?? or how would they be housed correctly ive been told an heard a few different ways such as aquariums

okay i gathered from what ive red there more ground dwelling then arboreal but do they have any extra needs or anything like that like because i want to make sure i have done all my research an have asked questions so i know how to care for it properly as i love my reptiles dearly

Some like to have a little climb around so you could always make it a little higher so they can get off the ground if they wanted i don't own water pythons but i no they are more of a ground dwelling

Caleb.

my water python is pretty split 50/50 arboreal and terrestrial. A normal water bowl will still do, I've found alot of problems trying to find relative husbandry data for water pythons but what I have found is pretty parallel with keeping carpets.

My water loves digging in his substrate but hes always sleeping up top on the top floor ;) I always see him up top and only see tracks on the floor which leads me to believe it's just his nocturnal instinct that makes him wonder of a night.

My advice is to observe and encourage.

Last edited:
My water python does like to climb but in the warmer months change water bowl to a larger one to swim in a tip is get a cat litter tray and use it with water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back