Smallerst hatchies ever

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeRed

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just hatched a pair of T+ childreni twins which are the smallest hatchies Ive ever dealt with. Each one was under 4 grams. Its going to be fun trying to get these two to start eating. Might start with pinkie drumsticks

Attachments

• t+twins.jpg
    t+twins.jpg
    723.2 KB · Views: 263
best of luck mate. They are lovely little animals!!

Ive had childreni at 5 grams Steve , all took new born pinkies no probs...

Nice little T's too ...

Yeah Ive had 6 gram hatchies before starting on new born pinkies. These ones just feel so much smaller. Both escaped out of the slitherin hatchy rack within the first hour, so i had to tape up the existing holes and burn new pin sized holes into the tubs

Yeah Ive had 6 gram hatchies before starting on new born pinkies. These ones just feel so much smaller. Both escaped out of the slitherin hatchy rack within the first hour, so i had to tape up the existing holes and burn new pin sized holes into the tubs

They do look tiny mate ... good old slitherin hey , at least you did not chop their heads off in it lol

Congrats Steve. No way will I put any hatchling ants into slytherin tubs.

Congrats Steve. No way will I put any hatchling ants into slytherin tubs.

Fay Ive been using the slitherin rack for about 5 years now and apart from mis-use all has worked well. You just have to make sure the tubs are pushed in all the way and they wont get out (except for these 4 gram hatchies) and be careful opening tubs. Ive killed two hatchies (in well over 300) by decapitation or crushing the head when opening the tubs

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
Very pretty hatchies. I had a 4gram childreni a few years ago, started fine on the smallest of pinkie mice.

They are absolutely tiny!! All the best with the feeding, I wonder how long it'll take until they can manage whole pinkies hehe so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back