Small wild coastal in my rat shed this time....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Last week when I went into my ratshed to feed the troops, I scanned around to see if boxhead was in there.... in one of his fave spots there was a small wild coastal instead :shock: I am guessing from its size (about 70cm long, if that) it might be one of this years hatchies? It was sitting there looking at me, its tounge going 500 miles an hour.... so cute:)
I only had my phone camera with me, so I snapped a couple of pics with my torch for light..... when I went back later with my camera, it was gone, so sorry, the pics arent very good :rolleyes:

I was pleased to see it tho, it is good to see my place is healthy enough to be fostering further generations.... mI guess it has learned from 'dad' there is a good free rat supply on the restauraunt on the hill.... it even has a 'slide thru' :p

Attachments

• 2012-12-08 22.38.40.jpg
    2012-12-08 22.38.40.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 330
  • 2012-12-08 22.38.27.jpg
    2012-12-08 22.38.27.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
You're back?? I thought you got the boot mate??

Anyway, good to see you back. You are one lucky man to have coastals visiting your shed.

Haha boxhead is telling them all where to go. You will have to up the rat production soon!

The end of the shed only has mesh to stop foxes coming in.... the coastals will come in from anywhere.... they even come in the roof where the shed joins the lean-to section..... to snake proof the shed would mean there would be no ventilation :lol: I dont mind the snakes coming in, I like to have them around.... they keep the wild rats under control. It is proven now that the snakes cant get the rats, I am more worried the rats will injure the snakes :rolleyes: I havent seen boxhead for about a week, so I am expecting him back for visit soon.... last time he was here, he left me a huge present of the stinky variety :shock: he must feel right at home ;)

Awwww, so adorable:)
Be careful with the little one, he looks like he could fit through that mesh :S If he can, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be coming out...

Well this is what happens when you open a successful restaurant. You do realise you'll have to start printing menus for them soon?

Ooh, I'll have the fresh-killed weaner rat, with a side of thawed pinky mouse please.

Hows the stripe down his sides.. Having never seen a wild costal myself, is the striping a normal colouring or is that a cracker of a hatchie?? I do love your box head family restaurant stories CRB.. :)

Looks like word of 'forked-tongue' has spread about your awesome rodent buffet ;) Nice looking little fellow as well!

Awwww, so adorable:)
Be careful with the little one, he looks like he could fit through that mesh :S If he can, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be coming out...

The mesh is just to stop owls, crows, foxes and cats out...... even boxhead can come in thru the mesh.... he has to go out the door tho, after a feed ;)

Where boxheads head is, is only about 300mm from where the little one was, in that corner on top of the cage on the right, under the shelf.

Attachments

• Python 221112 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    Python 221112 001 (600 x 450).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Don't forget to add a nice bowl of fresh water on the menu. :)

Some day soon I am expecting to see a post and photos from you showing a head to tail line up waiting to have their turn at the Rodent Buffet.

Like all good fast food places you will need a motion activated intercom so they can hiss when they are ready to order. :p

I havent seen boxhead or the little one in my ratshed for a week or so..... But that doesnt mean I havent seen the little one at all :shock:

I heard a noise in my car garage (attached to the house) and guess who was the culprit? The little coastal :lol: I busted him getting into bed in my stereo cabinet.... he just looked at me like "what do you want!" and I left him be :)

I reckon he is about the same size as my 12month old MDP, so he is prolly one of last years hatchies? Very cute :)

So now you're running a motel as well as a restaurant? Or perhaps a B&B?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back