Egg advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi my diamond python laid a clutch yesterday. After all that stress and preparation I am now experiencing and learning the joys of incubation. Firstly my incubator is at 31 degrees I am using a large plastic container with vermiculite in it , with one small hole in the lid. I have noticed that the humidity is very high and the container is " fogging " up. Firstly is this a problem ? And should I be concerned in any way ? Or is there something I should change ?

Secondly the eggs don't look as plump as they did yesterday when they first hatched, they look a little more saggy. I have attached a few pics. I thank you all in advance for your help and time many thanks Justin

the first pic was taken yesterday , the second today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 100
It sounds like your substance is too wet!
Carefully wipe excess moisture off the container so it doesn't run down to make wetter. You may need it to squeeze out excess moisture.
Have you candle your eggs to see if they are fertile?
I had this happen to gecko eggs but not experienced with snakes!

Should I replace substrate ? Or would that put stress on the eggs ?

The eggs look fine in the pics, some condensation forming is fine, I tend to dry it up with a paper towel when I air the eggs.

The eggs look fine in the pics, some condensation forming is fine, I tend to dry it up with a paper towel when I air the eggs.

Thanks for that :) I guess sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else :)

Just make sure the condensation isn't so great that water begins to drip on the eggs.

As often as you like, some do it everyday, others every few days and some not at all.

Next time use the water method..........u really cant go wrong.
Good luck, hope they hatch for u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back