Pythons vs Vens?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainRatbag

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was having a conversation with someone the other day, and happened to mention my visiting pythons, he said that it was good I had pythons at the rat shed, because that will keep the vens away?

I am not sure I believe it, but thinking about it, I have seen many browns down at the old banana packing shed down the back...... and never seen one up at the house? (touch wood :shock:) Maybe there is something to it?

Does anyone know if there is any truth in what he said? If there are pythons in an area, there will be no/less vens?

I doubt that pythons keep venomous snakes away, as they are not known to be cannibalistic.

No, in fact my mates grandads uncles roommate, who is a farmer, told me that where he lives the venomous snakes interbreed with the pythons and..well, you know the rest.
I'd be interested to know how certain that 'no' is...I know there are stories of captive elapids having a pretty adverse reaction to woma/bhp scent.

Love your new avatar, Ever thought about joining a rodent forum?

hahahaha, I see you bricked it :lol:

I am agreeing with what everytone else has replied with. I doubt pythons would keep venomous snakes away. Rather they would snak on the rodents together, lol

the venomous snakes interbreed with the pythons..well, you know the rest.
Huh? Pythons can breed with venomous snakes? Is that even possible? Or am I mis-interpreting something??? :S

EDIT: Im guessing it is sarcasm that I am misinterpreting. Thanks for the dead brain cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back