Eastern Browns in Wardrobe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of parent gives a 3 y.o. child a container to STORE UNKNOWN ANIMAL EGGS IN, in the first place?

God, I must be so twisted; I actually laughed at this. :facepalm:

Breeding snakes must be easy. A 3 yr old can do it without an incubator.

Hmmm... Townsville in spring. Would have been nice and warm the container looks to have quite a bit of condensation. Hatching conditions would have been about right. Who needs an incubator when you have a warm cupboard and a Chinese take away container. ;)

I guess the drawer was taken because from what I've heard snakes cannot resist an open drawer. :D

Haha, I was just signing in to post this exact some article! Welcome Kyle, You're now one of us! :p

Read the article and thought North Queensland Wildlife Care reptile co-ordinator Trish Prendergast was saying that the hatchies could have killed him if they bit him.

Will have to do a search, as I did not think they would be dangerous until they were a bit older.

Read the article and thought North Queensland Wildlife Care reptile co-ordinator Trish Prendergast was saying that the hatchies could have killed him if they bit him.

Will have to do a search, as I did not think they would be dangerous until they were a bit older.

i may have miss-understood what you just posted...but those suckers are lethal before the day they hatch

Straight out of the egg they are dangerously venomous.

One of those hatchies could have easily killed a three year old boy.

hard to tell if your serious or joking , pretty commonly know that hatchy EB are just as dangerous as their adult counterparts , i have heard that a bite from them can be worse as they cant really control venom like and adult and give you a dry bite so there mostly wet bites with plenty of venom , that part im not sure on though

I was wondering what this was :p ...but now I get it

attachment.php

When I was 14 in Kununurra WA I had the same thoughts about a Western brown baby I was trying to catch in a plastic tub (thinking it wouldnt be as venomous, if at all, as an adult snake) but when I got it back to our camp site and looked at an ID book it said that the young are just as deadly as adult snakes...

I wish when I was young I was so lucky to have eggs I found hatch... Its a pity about what came out of the egg (depending on who you talk to :)) but to be honest, it was nice to see a mother and family encourage their childs interest in wildlife and then act appropriately when it turned pear shaped.

but to be honest, it was nice to see a mother and family encourage their childs interest in wildlife and then act appropriately when it turned pear shaped.

Um, I think its flat out bad parenting.
Would any one praise a parent that lets their child approach an unknown dog on the street? Same potential to go sideways.
A little bit of risk mitigation (i.e. knowing what your 3y.o. child is doing whilst in your care) could go a long way.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to point out the article author could have mentioned how it is illegal to interfere with native fauna.
[sarcasm]I mean, don't they have a responsibility to report the facts?[/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back