(Liasis Savuensis) Savu Island Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin236

Not so new Member
Reaction score
This is my female Savu Python which have quickly become a favorite of mine.
You can see the color change so far in these few pictures.

IMG_1848_zpscafb5398.jpg

IMG_1849_zpsce88b5c5.jpg

IMG_1878_zps7c4821ac.jpg

Never even heard of them till just then, did a quick google search and wow they are nice.
I can see why it quickly became a favourite. :)

Never even heard of them till just then, did a quick google search and wow they are nice.
I can see why it quickly became a favourite. :)

They change color and end up looking like a white lip python and the males keep some orange speckling while the females are more solid black and white, and they have a very high iridescence because of there thin skin. My favorite thing is the eyes turn pearly white as an adult, plus they are the only python found in such a small geographical range.

Last edited:
Very cool! Will be keeping an eye out for progress on this one.
thanks for sharing :)

Nice snake. A friend of mine gave me a great deal on a pair a couple months ago. Makes me wish I would have snatched them up when I had the chance.

very nice thanks for sharing i have never heard of them either till now learn something everyday
Haha too funny..the same thing happened to me. I had never heard of these pythons until a few months ago when I bought this girl.

Very cool! Will be keeping an eye out for progress on this one.
thanks for sharing :)
Cheers! Glad you took interest, I think they are a very underrated python species.

Nice snake. A friend of mine gave me a great deal on a pair a couple months ago. Makes me wish I would have snatched them up when I had the chance.
Nice, next time take the dive if you like them. They are really neat little pythons.

Oohh.. I've never seen one of them before.. must Google them. Are they a bit rare, or do they go under a different name?

Becoming very rare in their native islands now
Totally protected
But money talks when the pet trade wants something badly enough

that is one cool snake cooly cool
thanks for sharing

Totally protected
So very true longqi.
Nice looking savu there Austin236, be good to see the changes as she gets older.

Oohh.. I've never seen one of them before.. must Google them. Are they a bit rare, or do they go under a different name?
They are not very common in the pet trade in the US, not sure about the rest of the world.

Totally protected
Good to know they are protected now, this is one of the reasons why I chose to work with this species as there aren't many of them.

that is one cool snake cooly cool
thanks for sharing
Thank you for taking interest and commenting.

So very true longqi.
Nice looking savu there Austin236, be good to see the changes as she gets older.
Thank you! I'm very excited to see her once she is completely done with her color change. I will post pictures and keep you all updated on the color change.

- - - Updated - - -

Some new photo's with my new camera.
She just shed last night too.
IMG_0098_zps0865808c.jpg

IMG_0099_zps83659259.jpg

IMG_0100_zps54ed9223.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back