Where do your snakes hide?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found mine wrapped around the guttering of my garage four days after she had gone missing. I had screwed up Andrewnhadn't shut the enclosure properly. She hadn't gone very far though. Took me a while to get her down. I don't let my snakes go anywhere near my couch. It has a fold out bed in it and if they get into that they'll never get out.

I also had a mate who lost a king brown. It turned up 3months later back in its enclosure. He was lucky that it hadn't gone pear shaped.

Only time i've had one escpae was my little stimi, my wife found him the next morning when she put her pants on!!

My stimson was found in my bedside table, after losing him for 2 weeks, and it was an adventure for him to get there!

My Little coastal was found above the door to the garage after 3 weeks when he fell on my partners head after she opened the door. He was pissed!

Don't vens have to be in a secure enclosure? Makes me feel a bit anxious knowing how carefree your attitude is about your escaping red belly blacks.:|

No need to be anxious, they occur here naturally, and it was a long time ago, before rules and regulations were brought in to keep you all safe. The one that I didn't worry about until later was in my escape proof snake hotel, so he wasn't going anywhere. I hope this has put you at ease :rolleyes:

My GTP disappeared from its unescapable exo terra enclosure, found it a little while later wedged in the cord grove behind the foam rock background!

Ever had your snake escape? Where did it go?

or where are there favorite spots?

I got a striped coastal Hatching

And after my friends close encounter with losing his, I'd like to already map out my plan

I would say prevention is a better plan. ;)

When we got my brothers Bredli, she escaped her click clack, I found her on top of the rats enclosures, she had her teeth stuck in the flywire, glad I found her, I had already pulled half of my room apart looking for her.

No need to be anxious, they occur here naturally, and it was a long time ago, before rules and regulations were brought in to keep you all safe. The one that I didn't worry about until later was in my escape proof snake hotel, so he wasn't going anywhere. I hope this has put you at ease :rolleyes:

No need for rolly eyes mate, its pretty irresponsible to be so slack as to go for a surf instead of looking for your escaped venomous snake...and to have your RBB escape, not once, but twice. And lose one entirely, good work!

I lost my first hatchy for a couple of months and tried everything to find it, turned the room upside down, crawled the net for hours on ways others have tried to find it I even tried putting talcum powder on the floor with a pinky to see if he would come out to get it and leave me a trail. Didnt have any luck so eventually gave up on the idea of ever finding him. At the time i was living in the bungalow and so one late night i couldnt sleep and decided to strip my old/broken CD player to retrieve a stuck cd. After unscrewing tiny screws and ripping and pulling this thing apart for ages bang there he is in the top of it, unsuspecting I copped a fright and woke up the missis lol. I don't even know how he managed to get out of its enclosure let alone get into this big CD player that I swear was air tight! It certainly taught me a couple of lessons!!

No need for rolly eyes mate, its pretty irresponsible to be so slack as to go for a surf instead of looking for your escaped venomous snake...and to have your RBB escape, not once, but twice. And lose one entirely, good work!

I think theres plenty of room for rolly eyes 'mate', when someone replies to a post, when they have absolutely no idea of the circumstances. Obviously you have an assumption, but no idea.:rolleyes:

Well i did find one of my 8 ft diamonds 300 m up the road 6 mths after she escaped out of the avairy while I was overseas. Got the call and there she was terrorising the poor neighbours. Never found one of my red bellies though. Another redbelly escaped and I found it under another enclosure, and I thought stuff it, I'll get it when I get back from the surf, and then I couldn't find it, My young fella found it had climbed up to the top of some enclosures and was hanging up there 2 m off the ground. Then there was the day when I had a 9 ft diamond out sunning in the vege garden and I forgot she was there and went shopping with my missus when we got the call from my daughter that she was in the snake shed climbing over everything smashing stuff. By the time we got back she was curled up asleep on the incubator.
Oh yeah and there was one time a 7ft coastal I owned lived in the wall my truck for a week (it got out of a bag). My missus got in the truck to reverse it out of the garage and when she turned back from looking over her shoulder its head was inches from her face. It was curled up on the dash and had stretched out to her while she was backing the troopy out.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Thought my yearling olive had escaped from his new cage..
After searching for him for a good 30 minutes...
For some reason I thought to look in his fluro light witch at the time luckily wasn't plugged in,
nybeguba.jpg

rugaze4u.jpg

Big relief finding him but lucky light wasn't plugged in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back