Small gap in between sliding door of enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendont

Reaction score
The search function sucks because I saw this question just a few days ago and now I cant find the info I need. Now I have a small gap from the thermo probe going into the enclosure that I want answers for...the EXACT SAME problem as someone else just recently. Can someone please point me in the direction of that thread?
thanks

Snipercap can you find me a thread about some coloured tubs that had a clear panel on the front that would be ideal for geckos?
I remember a post stating they were available at target.

Snipercap can you find me a thread about some coloured tubs that had a clear panel on the front that would be ideal for geckos?
I remember a post stating they were available at target.
Playing catch up at work mate, I'll have an in depth look later this Arvo if it suits?

your enclosure glass or timber?

if timber just drill a small hole where you want the probe and poke it through. if it's glass i have no solution as i don't use them.

timber...but the probe is about 3X the thickness of the actual wire so there would still be a gap once fed through...

You could fill up the gap with silicon to hold.the cord in place.

If worried about the hole being too big go to an electronics shop ( ie Jaycar or similar) and get a rubber grommet or a cable gland fitting.

You could fill up the gap with silicon to hold.the cord in place.
i'll probs end up doing this and disguising the probe with an artificial vine...but I did want to try not making too many permanent changes with the enclosure. Ill just have to bite the bullet. If in this instance i did silicon the gap...does the wood need to be sealed also or does the silicon do the same job stopping moisture/wood rot?

BigJoe has it. The silicon will also make it hard to get out if you want tochange things. Seal the hole with an artists' brush and 2 or 3 coats of acrylic paint or polyurethane resin or the like. If the grommet is the correct size it will probably exclude moisture anyway and is no major drama to remove.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back