Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I got called to drop everything and go running to one of the bosses house to remove a Death Adder (henceforth known as DA) halfway up a tree today (To those with pending facepalms, I know what you are thinking). Generally not being in a great mood to work hard on a Friday, I said I would happily drop everything to attend and asked the calm gentleman with screaming progeny to keep an eye on it until I get there.

Looking rather forward to finding a DA located in a tree I imagined all sorts of possibilities of what it could be, finally arriving at it either being a Tree snake of some description or a very very lost DA. Mindful as well that Im not built to climb trees as well as I could, I also began thinking of how I could remove a DA from a tree who was probably very upset at being up off the ground in the first place and further annoyed by a human being attempting to join him in this new area and pop him in a bag. I decided to wait until I found out what it was as well as how high off the ground it was considering DA's falling from trees just prior to Christmas do not promote the same joy as snake flakes.

Anyway, upon arriving at my destination I was greeted by the bossman in question wielding a water blaster with grave reservations of shooting the DA out of the tree in case it got upset and attempted revenge (*Not his actual words but my thoughts). Being met with a boss carrying a water blaster in self defense, I was slightly taken aback and had to gather my thoughts for a moment before asking him to show me the tree and offending guest so I could brighten up his day.

Thanks goodness the DA decided to come quietly from his perch 30cm off the ground and was quite happy to pose for some goodbye photos except I couldnt get him to "hood" (possibly because he was still keeping an eye on the Water blaster).

I also hope I wasn't heard laughing as I drove off because I do actually like my job.

IMG_1049-800.jpgIMG_1051-800.jpgIMG_1054-800.jpgIMG_1055-800.jpg

I would give the Chief credit for looking after his family but it still boggles the mind that some people are so out of tune with nature and refuse to learn so that they would know the difference between a Lizard and a Snake

Last edited:
lol its a tree climbing death adder with legs
cute fella though

Last edited:
ah crap death adders have evolved and can now chase us up trees?

Oh this is priceless! I just got my advanced license.. do you think I could get one of those DA's?

This is one of the BEST written, and funniest stories I've seen in a long time.
Merry DA Christmas. :) :)

Thanks ToadCountry and thanks to the rest of you for the comments.

Twas a very interesting day to say the least and possibly a story for the future generations

LOL, i know what you should buy your boss. a book labled "how to tell the difference between a death adder and a frill neck" but just a basic book about australian reptiles should do.

I am given to wonder to wonder if the reason the tree climbing reptile was considered to be legless was because the observer at the time was likewise

Blue

I am given to wonder to wonder if the reason the tree climbing reptile was considered to be legless was because the observer at the time was likewise

Blue

Blue, that was pure gold, thanks for the laugh :)

So now they've grown legs....

Well, all the better to chase us 300m down the road with ;)

Nice work Snipercap:)

suddenly frilled neck lizards have become readily available :)

just search death adders for sale ;)

Hahaha, thanks for the good laugh - much needed :lol:

" Look ma' no legs' just came to mind after reading the thread and Nil's reply :p

Non Herp People often promote the animal to the most dangerous snake they know. My last two callouts were to a RBBS ( GTS) and to a DA (Coastal)
I agree 100%. The only thing worse than non-herp folks are those armed with a little knowledge. I was once told of a person here who "moved" a DA off their balcony with a pair of BBQ tongues because Blue Tongues are not dangerous.

Great story sniper :) I've always wondered what a DA looked like, now I know I'll have to send the pic to all my regional friends and tell them if they see one they have to call you and tell you they've found the rare APS-DA death adder - them you'll know what you're walking into ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back