Any Tips for breeding Cunningham's skinks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlaw0786

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've recently acquired an adult pair of Cunningham's skinks and everything is going great, one is very friendly and enjoys coming out of the cage everyday for a bit of exploring whilst the other is still very shy and retreats at the the first sign of movement but is showing signs of improvement from day to day...... Anyways I'm really getting interested in the whole breeding idea and was wondering if there's any one out there with any experience in breeding these guys? I am having a little trouble finding anything on the net and would greatly appreciate any tips or advice on this matter. Cheers​

Usually if you stick a few together you end up with babies, or the smaller ones missing.

Do you know if they're male/female how big is the enclosure ect

The person I got them off said they are male and female but I'm not 100% sure because he said they haven't bred yet, they are very comfortable with each other, I often catch a peek of them lying on top of each other under the basking light just before the shy one scurries off for the rocks. (Any ways of determining gender?). The enclosure is mostly made of wood and is a little over 4ft long...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else???

There was a great article on Keeping and Breeding the Cunningham Skink in Issue 20 (November 2011) of Scales & Tails Australia. We have some copies in the office if you would like to give me a call on (07) 3278 3888 or alternatively check out our website www.scalesandtails.com.au.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back