Aussie crawl through the kitchen scraps!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

Sid!

Attachments

• Sid in the kitchen scraps 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sid in the kitchen scraps 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Sid in the kitchen scraps 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sid in the kitchen scraps 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Sid in the kitchen scraps 011 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sid in the kitchen scraps 011 [1600x1200].jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Sid in the kitchen scraps 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    Sid in the kitchen scraps 013 [1600x1200].jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 267
She's looking great, Richard!

Thanks David,

She's settled alot quicker than the human inhabitants and already establishing territory. Outside enclosure to follow soon...hopefully.

Who needs a garbage disposer when ya have ur own...lol
She's a looker :) ....is that one of crocdocs juvies?

What's her temperament like, IV?

She's well behaved and predictable for the most part, pretty much fearless and has even dissapeared outside on occasion only to appear back in her cage before sundown (a boomerang monitor). All bets are off around anything percieved as food, though and that's when she's perhaps more dangerous than even a wild Lacie. BTW, I don't feed her bin scraps, she's just attracted to the smells.

All bets are off around anything percieved as food, though and that's when she's perhaps more dangerous than even a wild Lacie.

I'm getting the feeling that's pretty much a rule of thumb around any kind of monitor, boomerang or otherwise. :)

I'm getting the feeling that's pretty much a rule of thumb around any kind of monitor, boomerang or otherwise. :)

Maybe time you had a monitor, Ren:)?! It seems so many people just don't get this or become complacent (it's easy to fall into the trap....I certainly have had my share of near misses).

Is it possible that I double like the dumpster diving monitor?

My ridgetail monitors have a strange feeding response, they usually only go food crazy around live bugs but not around meat or mice. They even seem to specifically avoid biting me if I hand feed them pinkie rats, I once tried to confuse them by holding the rat with my hand closed and he could still distinguish the food from my hand and carefully removed it from my hand. I don't know what is going through his brain, maybe he is worried if he bites me I will eat him? They are still quite unpredictable though, I wouldn't want to try handfeeding any bigger monitors, sometimes mine go through the same feeding routines for months then one day they wake up and decide they will be crazy at feeding time again.

I would love a monitor. They seem like such an amazing animal to have. Only thing is I don't know much about them. Got any good websites for information? Just curious as to what kind of enclosure they would need and what kind of housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back