Looking for a Snake supermodel!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vampryclusture

Reaction score
Hey guys

not sure if this is the right area to post, but let me know if it isnt!

I am looking for any proud owners of a beautiful small to medium sized python (if they are all black or all white, that would be amazing!)

It is for a fashion photoshoot (the snake will be handled very gently and only by me! - i am the model) and will take place in Melbourne. Probably in late feb or thereabouts. You will be more than welcome to the photoshoot to make sure everything is going smoothly for your cold-blooded friend.

There will be credits linked back to you of course! This may be great for a breeder and you would then safely say that your snakes are beautiful enough to be featured in a proper photoshoot!

Let me know if this interests anyone or if you know anyone that might be!

thanks guys!

(again if this isn;t meant to be here please feelfree to take it down)

Not sure what state you are in, but licence restrictions will limit anyone from NSW being able to legaly assist, (unless you do the shoot at their residence).

In Vic the owner has to have written permission from the DSE. At this time of year, late Feb sounds about right. ;)

Need to be a demonstrator guys....

Need to be a demonstrator guys....

If no money changes hand, DSE sometimes grant permission for a reptile to leave its residence, obviously the permisson comes with very strict conditions if they choose to grant it at all. It is on a case by case basis and there is no guarantee you will get permission.

if the photographer is using the image to promote or sell it becomes profiteering from native wildlife and as such needs to be done under a commerical permit

Wow didnt know there were so many regulations! Even if the photograph was used to promote clothes?

thanks for the replies though!

i think the problem is that snake owners dont like handing their animals out to people just willy-nilly. They are quiet animals that like to be left alone and can react badly when scared.
I own small, medium and large pythons and I know it would really stress them out to be taken out of their home environment and have camera flashes going off in their faces. But thats just me. There might be some one willing to do it (if they can get permission).

Not sure what state you are in, but licence restrictions will limit anyone from NSW being able to legaly assist, (unless you do the shoot at their residence).

Pfffft! licence restrictions limiting the ability to take some fricken photos??! Has the whole world gone mad???? Can someone fill me in on why these restrictions are needed because I fail to see any logic in this. geez

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really backwards it constitutes as a display. Demo license holders pay for the privilege to gain commercially from wildlife. Whether or not money changes hand or not , it still comes under that umbrella. If you don't like get your demo permit or do it and eventually get busted.... Parks and wildlife of all states watch this forum among others as well as Facebook etc and do record what they need for busts.

Cheers

Parks and wildlife of all states watch this forum among others as well as Facebook etc and do record what they need for busts.

Really.... How often have we heard about someone being charged for mistreatment of animals based on information found on this forum.

there have been many many threads about people treating their or any other animals badly and calling the relevant authority and nothing gets done. So I doubt any one with authority does anything with information on this site.

highly doubt it!!! Theres no money in busting people for small things such as that... it would be a waste of time..
But thankyou Eipper for explaining why.... I still think its a load of bull but it it makes sense. It does raise more questions than answers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back