Venomous from the US

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's only because you are in Victoria Xeaal. Not anyone in Australia can do that.

Most other states have stricter rules and only a couple allow the keeping of crocs.

Agreed. Here in SA you have to do a ven handling course to get your class 3 permit, until then it's stricly pythons (not including scrubbies). My MIL had to jump through hoops to get hers.

Oh well rules are rules, very lucky down here in Victoria in regards to keeping venomous snakes. Nice animals, really like the copperhead-contortrix contortrix?

Oh well rules are rules, very lucky down here in Victoria in regards to keeping venomous snakes. Nice animals, really like the copperhead-contortrix contortrix?

Yeah, I'd rather not keep illegally in case I do ever get bit. That way I don't get a huge hospital bill and expensive fines. Thank you and yes you are correct Agkistrodon contortix contortix.

Yeah venomous snakes aren't exactly something to take lightly. I always say if your heart isn't jumping out of your throat every time you deal with a venomous animal then you shouldn't be dealing with them. It's when you get comfortable and complacent that you get bit. I totally agree 100% with the 1000hrs of experience for venomous, nobody should be able to just go out and buy a venomous snake.

I have to disagree with this bit. My throat has never jumped out of my throat, not even the first time I handled venomous snakes.

I think it's more important to be calm and collected, in order to think clearly should a sticky situation arrive, and be able to plot your 'moves' correctly.

I meant more of an adrenaline flow, and if you can be 100% calm and collected then good for you. When I work with them, I'm going to be extremely focused on the animal because I know one bite could seriously injure or kill me. And if that doesn't get to you even the slightest then bravo.

I meant more of an adrenaline flow, and if you can be 100% calm and collected then good for you. When I work with them, I'm going to be extremely focused on the animal because I know one bite could seriously injure or kill me. And if that doesn't get to you even the slightest then bravo.

Each keeper is different and deals with it in a different way I guess, but yeah it came across as if you meant you were a nervous wreck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back