omg - My first jungle hatchy after 76 days incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rack_one

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Well just incubated a clutch of jungle eggs for 76 days had no hope what so ever for hatching after 55 days cut one open on day 55 found a snake alive but died witch I feel bad for I must have killed and left the rest to incubate and my first child pipped 5 mins ago yesssssssssssss

Last edited by a moderator:
76 days???? What temp did you have them at??

BTW if you pip the egg and NOT cut it right open, it will not die unless it was meant to..

wow
congrats on the new bubs be sure to post up some piccies

Sorry boxing night at the in-laws if u can't understand me and the temp is 31 with a min of 80% humidity and ill take pics when its right out the egg oh and I did cut it right out of the egg at that stage to see if it was a slug clutch or if it had a egg tooth so it was my fault it died I think

Glad to here they hatched after all that time. After 55 days they should of hatched so I don't think you or anyone else should blame you for taking one snake out of the egg only to have it die later ,I'm sure other breeders probably would have done the same thing if they were in your position, at least all the other snakes hatched.

Don't tell me that hahaha. But in all seriousness there are a few breeders out there that say never give up on an egg. In America there is a breeder of reticulated pythons and one of 77 eggs went grey and yellow. He piped the egg and out came a lovely little reticulated python. It was a morph ,a sunglo golden I think, it was on YouTube. The point is it was proof that you should never give up on egg unless something has already came out of it or it's not fertile egg. The way to tell ,as far as I know, is to shine a high intensity light through the egg and be able to see a round object within it or see pink colouring throughout most of the egg. Either way you did a good job breeding those jungles.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back