Incubator tubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonitorMayhem

Reaction score
just wondering what everyone is using for there incubation tubs are the tubs fully sealed or does that not matter just curios what people are using would love some pictures if anyones got any
cheers mick

yeah ive been using little sistema tubs for the geckos no worries was wondering more for python eggs looked at alot of the tubs they use on utube in america and they dont look anything special i have lots of good tubs but there not airtight was thinking would they be ok to use

For the past two years I have used these red decor tubs from coles. They are pretty well sealed and have the little opening in the lid which I have opened in the last week or so. They come with a tray if your using the over water method but I replaced it with something a bit more sturdy this year.

View attachment 275276View attachment 275277

So you only open the button thingy mid way through incubation or near the end?

So you only open the button thingy mid way through incubation or near the end?
I opened my tubs each week and mopped up any condensation that had accumulated on the lids and then around day 50 (jungle eggs) I popped the little button open.
I have only ever incubated jungle eggs so can't comment on anything else.

For the past two years I have used these red decor tubs from coles. They are pretty well sealed and have the little opening in the lid which I have opened in the last week or so. They come with a tray if your using the over water method but I replaced it with something a bit more sturdy this year.

View attachment 275276View attachment 275277
But thats not over water so what substrate do u use? ..ta Pete

I think that's vermiculate and water?

Yeh I was worried about being clumsy and sloshing the water side to side when I moved tubs. So just added some vermiculite.

so it does not matter if the tubs have small amount of airflow could place some gladwrap over first i guess

I would have thought a small amount of air flow would be ok as there would be air flow if incubated maternally. But I am pretty new to incubation as this was only my second year.

From my research most reptile breeders who use tubs will either have no holes or have one very small pinhole. I started off using a couple of small pinholes and have progressively moved to no holes for the reason that the internal environment stays more constant (humidity, bacteria levels).

I use Genfac plastic containers (Chinese food containers)

So if the condensation slighty drops on the eggs its OK?

Not really, no. It can kill the egg.
So how ya stop it cause im running a emergency incubater at the mo ( thread going at the mo)..and i really need some answers as if any tub is sealed then it will condencate...???

They usually all get condensation. I just take them off and wipe it when it looks like it is going to drip.

Water occasionally dripping on eggs do nothing to them. Water only becomes a problem when it constantly keeps the eggs wet.

If you have the tub set up well you shouldn't have a problem (not to wet). If you have them above water you will get some water on the tub, a fan in the incubator will take care of most of this until the final stages when the eggs are trying to lose moisture. In which case you simply wipe it off.

They usually all get condensation. I just take them off and wipe it when it looks like it is going to drip.

Thanks Fay been waiting for that answer for 6 months
thumbup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back