Tv on top of snake enclosure..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahra

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just need some opinions and advice. Got a 40inch flat screen for Christmas and the only place for it In my room is on top of my 4 foot enclosure. I don't feel comfortable placing it there though because I'm worried that when I use it (which will be rarely) that it could upset my python with the vibration etc. but I have two thick camping blankets on top of her enclosure which would reduce the vibration of sound and it will only be the standard speakers that ill use and it won't be loud at any stage.

So any thoughts about this?

It should be fine, if not you will know, the snake will move around and show signs of irritation.

Another thing you can try to lower the possibility of irritation is to spread a towel or something thick and soft over the top of the enclosure and place the tv on that. It doesn't need to be too thick that the TV is unstable but that extra layer should be able to absorb vibrations.

Another thing you can try to lower the possibility of irritation is to spread a towel or something thick and soft over the top of the enclosure and place the tv on that. It doesn't need to be too thick that the TV is unstable but that extra layer should be able to absorb vibrations.

Yeh I have 2 very thick camping blankets on it already which should aid it. Thanks mate !

We have a 55 inch on our beardie enclosure. The TV is on a towel and our Beardie doesn't seem fussed what so ever. Great present ;) (Too bad it wasn't a snake, lol)

We have a 55 inch on our beardie enclosure. The TV is on a towel and our Beardie doesn't seem fussed what so ever. Great present ;) (Too bad it wasn't a snake, lol)

Oh okay sweet! Haha no 1 is enough right now. And she just bit me because I scared her.. Whoops!

for $25 you can buy a wall mount for your 40in tele, then there is no probs with vibration or having to move it if you need to move the snake enclosure for some reason.

Ron

Last edited:
for $25 you can buy a wall mount for your 40in tele, then there is no probs with vibration or having to move it if you need to move the snake enclosure for some reason.

Ron
U
Unfortunately the wall it would have to be mounted on in not stable enough to hold the size of my tv even with a wall mount brace.

Personally don't like the idea - For any reason water ( a leak from the roof or etc ) Electricity. But that's just me (cautious, overly and a touch of ocd )
If it works for you then why not =]

Personally don't like the idea - For any reason water ( a leak from the roof or etc ) Electricity. But that's just me (cautious, overly and a touch of ocd )

huh?

Ahhhh... So it wouldn't really be any different from having the heat lamp and the powerboard etc.. And why would my roof start suddenly leaking ? Lol thanks

True, like i said though i can be overly cautious, i just _personally_ don't like the idea of putting something onto of the snake(s) if i can help it, specially when you can avoid it
I'm just trying to say if the roof starts to ware / heavy rain and a leak appears and you somehow don't notice it, -Idk risks ( yes i know risks are everyday life)
- Once again ill say that it's just me and _my_ thoughts - i never said they were right or 'level' headed =)

True, like i said though i can be overly cautious, i just _personally_ don't like the idea of putting something onto of the snake(s) if i can help it, specially when you can avoid it
I'm just trying to say if the roof starts to ware / heavy rain and a leak appears and you somehow don't notice it, -Idk risks ( yes i know risks are everyday life)
- Once again ill say that it's just me and _my_ thoughts - i never said they were right or 'level' headed =)

No that's cool mate! I understand! Im not comfotable with the idea either but im testing it out. Thanks for your insight =)

No that's cool mate! I understand! Im not comfotable with the idea either but im testing it out. Thanks for your insight =)

Im glad you did'nt take it personally! I did'nt mean for that at all - Let us know how it all goes
- Renee

I just need some opinions and advice. Got a 40inch flat screen for Christmas and the only place for it In my room is on top of my 4 foot enclosure. I don't feel comfortable placing it there though because I'm worried that when I use it (which will be rarely) that it could upset my python with the vibration etc. but I have two thick camping blankets on top of her enclosure which would reduce the vibration of sound and it will only be the standard speakers that ill use and it won't be loud at any stage.

So any thoughts about this?

Don't know the construction of your enclosure but the first thing i would pay attention to is the weight of the TV. When you stack vivarium's of the same size much of the weight is 'carried' down the sides of the vivarium's but this load will be placed centrally I assume. If there is not an issue with the weight I would say providing the volume is not excessive it should be fine. You can buy special sound deadening material but this is expensive and would in my opinion be money you don't need to spend. Another alternative would be to build a simple frame that sits slightly higher than your enclosure, but again that's work for nothing at this stage.

Snakes do get used to certain sounds, or I should say vibrations (within reason). Snakes in the wild can be found living next to quarries and other industrial installations where vibrations are a daily and sometimes constant occurrence. Just keep an eye on your snake and it should be obvious if anything needs to be done.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I will keep all of this in mind. Thank you.

I have my computer next to my snake enclosure with some good speakers and a sub attached to it. It goes loud and creates a lot of vibration. When I turn it on to watch a movie or something, my snake comes out of its hide looks at my tv for a minute or so, not even in the s position and goes back in its hide. Doesn't seem bother it in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back