New enclosure.. Different behavior

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lachie2261

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ok so I moved my yearling blonde mac into a new melamine enclosure I built myself from a click clack she lived in previously. The first few days she was heaps active and was moving around heaps exploring and the last couple she has spent the whole time in her hide I moved it off her and she just laid still till I put it back in and she just went straight back in it.

Is this normal? Like for a new enclosure

Shes not due for a shed.

Whats the dimensions? You can try making the enclosure dense with logs and rocks but its very normal.

60cm by 30cm . Really so I should fill it with things cause right now it's only got a few things in it

snakes love to hide my spotteds are all in 4ft tanks and sit in the same spot 355 days a year

Ok I was just curious cause when she was in the click cclack she was always moving around. Climbing and all that

yep the only time I see my spotted is if it's exceptionally hot or if he's hungry. Don't be fooled with the shed either it doesn't happen like clockwork, particularly when they hit yearling point.

Maybe you did'nt realise how much she would hide because in a click clack thats all there is to do .. In a bigger environment then what shes used to its only natural to stay in a safe secure place for the first couple of weeks.

Never c my ants unless i get up in the middle of the night...or i get them out lol...perfectly normal (boring aynt they)....put hide in cold end and a warm tile the other then i find u will catch them on tile aiding there digestion:lol:

My tank is 60x30x40... This is how densely packed mine is and Skittles has always appeared content in there.

P7250009.JPGP7250006.JPG

I am currently building her an enclosure that is about 4 times the volume of this one as she is 1.2m and I just think she would do well in a larger setup. She was a 70cm yearling when I got her in Febuary 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back