A question to all the insomniacs on APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like furiousgeorge needs more action lol

You're not kidding, I'd give my left nut to get back. Funny thing is in my while life I've never slept as well as I did over there. Minus the nights when wed lost fellas every night I slept like a log!

I work nights and sleep days, so I get on APS overnight and check out what's going on in the world of herps, and I'm addicted!!!!

I run my own small business so sleep is secondary. Unfortunately our loverly government makes it almost impossible for people like us to evolve to little more than a tax debt.

I found my 'dream woman'... shame I was having a nightmare at the time!

I am curious about what Kraft said: “Addicted to APS”. What does that mean to you?

To me it is the opportunity to interact with people from all different walks of life, on a lot of different levels, on a lot of different topics... something that my face to face encounters in the flesh and blood world do not available me. I always bear in mind that there is a real live person at the other end and if I can help them in some way or enjoy their conversation, then my life is enriched by that which I have given or shared.

Blue

To me it is the opportunity to interact with people from all different walks of life, on a lot of different levels, on a lot of different topics... something that my face to face encounters in the flesh and blood world do not available me. I always bear in mind that there is a real live person at the other end and if I can help them in some way or enjoy their conversation, then my life is enriched by that which I have given or shared.

Blue

I share that thought process. :)

I'm on deployment now and am a watchkeeper. 8 hours on 8 hours off 8 hours etc.
Gonna be so hard getting back into a normal routine after 6 months of it lol.

I don't sleep much and when I do I tend to wake up a few times each night. A pattern I got into from growing up in Cairns, where it gets too hot to sleep and I never slept properly with the air con on. I normally get up around 5:30am and go to bed somewhere between 11 and 1.

i have a 19 month old, so sleep is a luxury. she does not sleep till 11.30pm some times 1am. and wakes between 7-9am. so i come on aps to try and regain my sanity. and she normaly wakes 3-6 times a night so i see no point in sleeping some nights.

I only get about 6 hours sleep every day due to taking roughly 500 mcg of caffeine daily and other supplements for my training. My 1st comp will be in early February and so far so good progress wise.
Also I just leave my account logged in so i can check if there are any decent threads afloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back