BHP became more contrasted within 12 months.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levold

Reaction score
yjuqunyh.jpg
8a2e2a2u.jpg
So this was my WA girl when i bought her.. Brown tinted scales between the stripes. Is it normal for the scales to change like this? Can anyone say any possible genetic traits she may carry?

Attachments

• IMAG1521.jpg
    IMAG1521.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMAG1549.jpg
    IMAG1549.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCF1999.jpg
    DSCF1999.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 210
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355186253500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355186253500.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
No idea about BHP's mate, but I had a windorah stimi do EXACTLY that just last shed.... she went from dulled out brown tinted scales, and compared to the other 2 I have she was not that flash (still a pretty girl though). Now she pops! By far the MOST attractive stimi I have, and anyone else has if you ask me ;)

wow, stunning change....never get what you bargain for, eh? I like how he is more lighter anyhow

I still cant believe you havent freighted her yet...lol..Its possible she can be carrying calico-axanthic gene,best bet is to contact the person who you brought her from,either way shes a stunner,i would have her in a heartbeat..

I still cant believe you havent freighted her yet...lol..Its possible she can be carrying calico-axanthic gene,best bet is to contact the person who you brought her from,either way shes a stunner,i would have her in a heartbeat..
thats because hes freighting to me sorry :)

No need to freight, I can collect.
Stunning girl but not sure about WA animals they do carry different traits and I dont have any WA animals to compare to.

stunning bhp :) thanks for sharing kinda looks like a light coloured bumblebee on that last pic

Yeah mate the WA's that I keep go through changes in colour. I think its hormonal but mine darken and lighten throughout the year. I also think its something that seems to happen to bhps in age.

Oh My gosh, I have died and gone to heaven (not religous), that is a mad BHP, I love WA locale, harder to find though :(
May I ask who she is off?

very nice BHP, you should breed her. i am sure alot of people would buy mini versions of her.

In the first photo scales on her flanks seem to be really fading out and going peachy, is it possible a calico change is happening?

Doesn't look like the typical Calico change.
Levold, you really need to track down that male that Roger Lester had. Looked just like your female. I believe it was also wild caught. Can't remember who got it but, it would be worth getting them together I think.

Cheers,
D

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a western male that has the same color and it getting more contrasted as he grows. Thing is....he's always been this color.
Very similar to yours.
DSCN2113.jpg
DSCN2101.jpg

DSCN2099.jpg

D

Turning into a stunner.

Why don't people realize that a lot of snakes naturally change to a brighter pattern as they age?
It's an evolutionary survival trait. Dull when young, small and defenceless means a better camouflage and thus survival rate as it's harder for predators to find them.
As they age into maturity they get their proper patterning as survivability is greatly enhanced with age and size.

Decided I'm going to build another enclosure. In the back bungalow /shed and get her a man.. so i am trying to track down who bred her. If I can't, will have to think what genetic trait bhp to get for her man.. and what the minimum age for a sexually mature bhp male is?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I'd get in touch with Dave from Pilbara Pythons and get a nice pilbara male for her. She should be ready at 4 at the latest...maybe she could go at 3. She looks plenty big enough for this next season.

Cheers,
D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back