Did i Miss Who Won?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a worry... Im not sure they actually teach anything at schools now. Basic Maths is definitely something that most of today's youth struggle to grasp

My nephew devastated me when he hadn't even heard of the song "botany bay" or "waltzing Matilda" . They used to be standard curriculum in Aussie history!

My nephew devastated me when he hadn't even heard of the song "botany bay" or "waltzing Matilda" . They used to be standard curriculum in Aussie history!

"Drunken Sailor" is probably long gone, too. :(

They have calculators in grade one now lol I think they are making kids dumber on purpose so by the time they are adults they have no clue whats going on and believe everything the tv and internet says and they can be easily controlled

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk 2

The way I look at it is when I was at school, we started using calculators for very difficult equations in yr 6 (I would have been 11ish). We always had to work it out longhand. We didn't have computers til yr 7. Only used very rarely for assignments. Our first home computer was an amstrad that took tapes! No such thing as mobile phones, when I was at school! I remember my parents saying bacj then that we were growing up to be lazy back then and machines would take over the world.

Fact is that, yeah, they have taken over and times are changing constantly. But at least my generation still learnt about the importance of our country's and the worlds history. We knew where we came from and how we ended up here. We knew at the very least basic spelling and grammar and arithmetic.

Now kids have tablets smaller than our average exercise book. ( Which are a huge step up from a slate). The English language is being mauled to bits because people either couldn't be bothered typing full sentences(dey would ratha rite lyk dis, specting ppl to b abl to dcyfa) or they depend on their spell check... I would hate to be a teacher trying to decode an assignment!

And when the hell did we stop writing dollar amounts like $100 and start writing it like this: 100$???? Drives me batty.

All these things are nothing that previous generations haven't whinged about. It's just the way of the world goes on and things change, the older generation remember the "good old days" and the kids grow up, become the "older generation" and watch the next lot of kids come through and change it all again.

They have calculators in grade one now lol I think they are making kids dumber on purpose so by the time they are adults they have no clue whats going on and believe everything the tv and internet says and they can be easily controlled

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk 2

When i was in primary school we got calculators but we never even used them, the teachers would make us work it out in our heads but in highschool we are allowed to use calculators in exams and all. Bit strange. Maybe its because the teachers dont have time for us to work it out ourselves because we have to learn so much in such a small time period?

My daughter school have iPads now so does everything for them small school, kinder to year six own them headaches. My three year old can use it better than me KIDS.
I hope whom ever won gets the reptile on their wish list!

By the way. They named the person on facebook a while back. Check on there

And I got an A in geography.....jee I guess my blonde colours are finally showing :lol:

How stupid would it be if the person who won the competition lived overseas. They wouldn't be able to buy anything, other than shirts and caps.

My primary school was very good but my high school not so much, mind you that one or two class's are really good.

My high school is great actually....they just teach about 'other cultures' instead of Australian ones :rolleyes: My primary school.....I was smarter than my teacher and so were my best friends...I'm glad to be out of there!

My high school is great actually....they just teach about 'other cultures' instead of Australian ones :rolleyes: My primary school.....I was smarter than my teacher and so were my best friends...I'm glad to be out of there!

My english teacher didnt even know how to spell a word and she had to google it. And she teaches history aswell and she didnt even know who Posiedon was.

Hahahaha, she googled a word she didn't know how to spell????? LOL! I feel for you joleysmoley :p
Reptiles4me, that's why he teaches math and not english ;)

i think its important to learn about other cultures, but your own country's history is just as important too, if not more so...

Tameah Woodford won it, aka Trouble on this site. Couldn't think of a more deserving person tbh :)

Last edited:
If you go to Snake Ranch facebook page and comment on the picture of a lady with albino olive, you'll get a $50 voucher too. They only give away these vouchers to 50 people and there are already 25 comments there so be quick! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back