Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried crossing a woma x black headed python?

I just was curious what they would turn out like.

Thanks Joelysmoley

I have also pondered this question many times....it would be nice to see what they look like but at the same time I'm hoping no one has ever crossed the two....

I have also pondered this question many times....it would be nice to see what they look like but at the same time I'm hoping no one has ever crossed the two....
people in the states have crossed them with ball pythons and carpets i think , id say woma to bhp has been done before seeing as their from the same family

people in the states have crossed them with ball pythons and carpets i think , id say woma to bhp has been done before seeing as their from the same family
I've seen both crosses, IMO there not much to look at. I haven't heard about a BHP x Woma cross.

I've seen both crosses, IMO there not much to look at. I haven't heard about a BHP x Woma cross.
my thoughts exactly , the woma x ball just looks weird , it would surprise me if it hasn't been at least tried though being successful is another thing

that would be a very strange pairing.....i dont want to see it :(.

my thoughts exactly , the woma x ball just looks weird , it would surprise me if it hasn't been at least tried though being successful is another thing
It surprises me as we'll. it seems like more and more people are doing all kinds of odd crosses. I just can't see a BHP x Woma cross producing something that would make me look twice.

Intergrades of te same species/sub species (eg, Morelia Spilota) I can understand as some of the animals produced look quite nice and have this very distinctive and amazing pattern that you wouldn't get in a 100% pure. (In saying this I would never cross, I like pure lineage of JunglexJungle, etc) But a BP and a woma I just don't understand. What are they trying to achieve/create with animal pairings like this?

i researched it a little bit and on pilbara pythons on the bhp section it said they found a bhp that looked crossed with a woma but it died before DNA was extracted to validate it. So i was just curious if anyone has attempted breeeding them.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also a picture of what the woma x bhp looked like on pilbara python's website.

I would think that they would look kind of like BHP with a yellow head and maybe some ocellated patterning, kind of like the ones that were on 'snake bytes T.V'

Intergrades of te same species/sub species (eg, Morelia Spilota) I can understand as some of the animals produced look quite nice ?
an intergrade is not a crossed python , an intergrade is the snakes in the area between 2 different subspecies , such as diamonds and coastal , the intergrade line runs from around coffs harbour than down just past port mac where you start to see more "pure" diamonds north of coffs its coastals but in between the 2 towns you find your intergrades , there also not a cross between diamonds and coastals either , there what happened as they slowly morphed into the next , so as a coastal slowly became a diamond

this link explains it better than i can http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/herp-help-38/faq-intergrade-54862/

Last edited:
With the way things are happening here in Aus..give it some time..personally i think it would be a waste of time..BHP-Womas are awesome just the way they are..

With the way things are happening here in Aus..give it some time..personally i think it would be a waste of time..BHP-Womas are awesome just the way they are..

Yeah i also think that too. I just wanted to see some pictures or something of what they looked like

yeh its been done.... Europe has it all. Didnt really look that amazing if you ask me. Although im sure there would be some suspect specimens here in Australian...

I dont think it should be done
But it will look awsome to cross that black woma thats on aps with a bhp to get a almost completely black black headed python

He means a kind of melanistic black headed python, I think :? I'm old fashion and stick with the "classic" forms of pythons ;)

No, BHPs don't have entirely black bodies. He's talking about crossing the completely black woma with a BHP in hopes of creating an entirely black snake (black body from the woma, black head from the BHP). In any case, it probably wouldn't work like this. I highly doubt this cross would be anything to look at.

as some of the animals produced look quite nice and have this very distinctive and amazing pattern that you wouldn't get in a 100% pure.

You are very wrong here. It is more than possible to get pure animals that look like the jags and whathaveyou that we have currently. Only difference is it takes more work, which is more fulfilling imo, than chucking a few snakes together to "see what you get".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back