A bit of a situation...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on I'm on the edge of my seat....well my toilet seat but a seat none the less

Well guys I'm back. My phone went dead... The culprit came out and grabbed the rat, at that point I managed to hook it and get it out of my car... I don't think it was too happy. It was a brown snake, about 4 ft. Im not sure how far away from my car it went. I lost sight of it pretty quickly in the grass. I might move my car just in case. That certainly broke the monotony of the night a bit. Although I think I'd prefer the boringness of watching a fence in darkness. Oh and I'm quite soaked... Didn't rain heavy, but the constant drizzle has been enough.

Glad to hear there was a happy ending for both parties. Did the culprit get to keep his rat? lol

Last edited:
It's good to hear that you're OK.
Where did you get the rat from? (as I can't imagine that you happened to have one handy)

What a story and as it happened live via modern social media. :)

P.S - I suggest that next time you close the doors of your car next time you leave the vehicle.

Last edited:
glad you got it out of the car. now you can go back to staring at the fence in peace.

It's good to hear that you're OK.
Where did you get the rat from? (as I can't imagine that you happened to have one handy)

What a story and as it happened live via modern social media. :)

Don't you all keep a few rats in the glove box just in case?

No, my mate that brought the hook down also had the smarts to bring a rat... No it lost interest in the rat fairly quickly.

I'm pretty annoyed that I wasn't able to get pics as this is my first wild snake experience.

P.S - I suggest that next time you close the doors of your car next time you leave the vehicle.

I wont even be opening the doors... I'll be climbing out the windows

Don't you all keep a few rats in the glove box just in case?

No, my mate that brought the hook down also had the smarts to bring a rat...
I wont even be opening the doors... I'll be climbing out the windows
:lol:
You did well in getting the snake out, especially considering that it was your first encounter and that it was an Eastern Brown Snake no less! Good thinking by your mate.

Do you have any idea why the snake went into your car in the first place? Have you transported any possible prey items recently?

Last edited:
No idea why. Yeah I picked up a big supply of rats yesterday... Could that have enticed it in do you think?
Yes, definitely. That's almost certainly the reason that the snake went into your vehicle.
It's been an interesting account and thankfully a happy ending.

yep the smell of the rats probaby was still lingering and he went in looking for a feed.

you'll be climbing out windows lol thats funny. you know snakes can slide up a car and get in through the window. oh i'm just trying to make you paranoid.

It's good to hear the culprit is gone!
I would have hated the possible outcome if you didn't see the tail, your very lucky. What a great start for the new year.

You are very lucky you noticed it, this could of ended ALOT worse.

Good to hear everything worked out

Glad that the both of you are okay, it's always nice to hear that the snake is moving away from humans. It's always horrible when you hear that the snake is not moving at all.

There's a story for at the pub if ever I heard one! Shame you have no pics as that would just seal the deal. You should fill in a detailed report for the boss and see if he'll give you a 'danger' bonus for the night. :lol:

Wasn't there a Melbourne woman early last year who felt a sharp pain in the leg while driving and it was the same deal, a snake had entered the car and curled up under the seat and then bit her?

At least go buy yourself a lottery ticket.

would of been good if your mate took a photo of you sitting on top of the car with your torch would have given us a all a good laugh...glad your safe mate...

I'm sorry but I have to ask, why were you tasked with the job of starring at a fence? Just incase some cattle decided to break out in that exact bit of fence line?

I'm sorry but I have to ask, why were you tasked with the job of starring at a fence? Just incase some cattle decided to break out in that exact bit of fence line?

Nah not cattle mate. It's a truck place that's been broken in to a fair bit so they've decided to have security here until they're able to get the electric fence put up. Funny thing, they stopped it for a few days just before christmas because all the workers here were off... They seem to think that crims have holidays too. Sure enough they got done over again... What a shame. Puts me in work, so I guess it's not a terrible thing...

Aaaah, security! excellent. So I assume you're in work Hyundai Getz then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back