Cleaning products

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PieBald

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering what product is best to cages. I don't want to use normal products as they might be harmful so would like to know which product is the best. Also is f-10 any good.
Cheers

F10 products are best. You can get them from the HerpShop. They are a sponser on this site. :)

I use water and pet friendly washing detergent to clean all my enclosures and it works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vetafarm have some good products.

I use all of the above,
Water and vinegar to clean the glass (perspex in my case),
Warm water and detergent for cleaning/scrubbing the solids with a wipe down with warm water to remove any soap residue
and F10 to finish off.

I do this every other month. Otherwise it's a spot clean as needed.

Thats what I use but as my collection grows I am try to be more sanitary, so f-10 seems to be the next best thing. thanks guys

F10 is a veterinary grade disinfectant which means it will more than satisfactorily suit the intended purpose, some people just believe it is overkill.

However, if you want to use it I say go for it, many people use it and have experienced no ill effects.

F10 also works out cheaper as when you dilute it you get 1000's times more then a premixed bottle of reptile cage cleaner....

diluted hypo (bleach) for things I can rinse & aren't porous. Anything porous is usually replaced.

some of those cheap reptile cage cleaners are terrible in my opinion.

I use F10 but a lot of people use a 10% bleach solution to clean & disinfect enclosures. If you use bleach you need to rinse the enclosure with water after cleaning.

Just keep in mind that F10 has a minimum contact time required to kill certain bacteria. So if you want something just to wipe down the walls or whatever, you might as well save your money and just use soap and water. It will be pretty much just as effective if all you're doing is wiping things down

I use f10 for all the enclosures/cages etc. For enclosures, spray down with f10 solution, leave for 20-30 minutes (or longer if I forget about it :p),wipe out and let it dry. For my other critters cages, I usually use high pressure water, then quick spray down with f10 solution, and leave it to dry. Honestly, it probably is overkill, but because I have so many critters, and do interact with other critters outside of home, living space hygiene is paramount to me, so I'm happy to fork out for f10 because it gives me peace of mind.

Does anyone else use natural oils such as eucalyptus or tea tree as a diluted solution? They are a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial disinfectant and I use this to clean everything at my place including reptile and bird cages.

Last edited by a moderator:
I interact with animals outside my house almost every day, your method is another I might try but I think I might stick with what I know works as in my method.:D My pet shop that I normally go to is now out of stock with F10 so is there any other places that I can get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back