It was one!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A proper Death Adder relocation this time.

Up here, whenever we get called out to remove a snake there seem to only ever be three possibilities as to what is can be. Either a Death Adder, a Taipan (We dont get Taipans up here) or a King Brown (Rare to find here, usually its the EBs).

Anyway, last night I was dragged out of bed being the only sober person certified to remove snakes - all the rest were still full of Christmas cheer - with the person on the other end of the phone swearing it was a Death Adder. Making sure I had to get out of bed by asking the right questions ("Does it have legs?"), I got dressed, grabbed the kit and went up to a rather public Resort (most recently featured in the news for finding DA's in the kitchen) we have here to collect whatever it could be.

At last someone made the right ID, although to be honest, after dealing with the Frilled Neck Death Adder, I dont expect much from anyone anymore.

IMG_1068-800.jpgIMG_1057-800.jpgIMG_1058-800.jpgIMG_1060-800.jpgIMG_1061-800.jpgIMG_1062-800.jpgIMG_1064-800.jpgIMG_1066-800.jpg

He was one of the better looking chaps I have had the pleasure of meeting and while capturing him, he was actually incredibly placid while letting me pop him in the bag with the hook. He was also great at posing and letting me take some photos of him during his release. Unfortunately though he became slightly annoyed (read psychotic) after I did him a favour and removed the ticks from his head and nostrils which is why I couldn't get any photos with him pretty and tick-less. And Im sure any other snake relocator can tell you that nothing makes a morning more fun than attempting to remove ticks from a highly venomous snake whose sole aim is to introduce you to the complexities of its venom..

Luckily enough I managed to also have a chat with the resort staff who found him and educate them on the correct things to do when coming across a snake. I had to praise them though as they did everything 100% right including having a spare torch for me in case I didnt have one, having 3 people keep an eye on the snake and one waiting out front for me so I didnt have to wait around or look for them.

Last edited:
thats good to hear
nice pics lovely patterning

Thats one snake I have always wanted to catch but still haven't had the pleasure...hopefully one day soon!.

Well done mate.

Thats one snake I have always wanted to catch but still haven't had the pleasure...hopefully one day soon!.

Well done mate.
Thanks.

I have never met a normal Death Adder up here. They either tend to be lazy, easy going snakes like he was last night, or absolute monsters whose sole purpose is to bite you to teach you a life lesson. In saying that though, that is one thing that I really do like about them.

If you ever get up here, I'll take you for a walk in the early evening where we will definitely see these guys. Luckily we have not been hit with Cane Toads so they thrive.

If you ever get up here, I'll take you for a walk in the early evening where we will definitely see these guys. Luckily we have not been hit with Cane Toads so they thrive.

SC do you mind me asking where you live? I thought most of the Top End was struggling with the Toads.

If i have to pay to go to resorts i think these guys should to .. Great job snipe

Awesome pics mate, we certainly get some good critters up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back