Losing your snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leighroy6

Reaction score
Where's the first place you would look if you lost your snake? I'm kind of in the hunt now I was changing his substrate had him in the Spare room with nothing in it for 5 minutes now he's done a Houdini on me

Theres been many threads on this its surprising. Theres many ideas and that on different posts of missing snakes,
If you only just cleaned his tank he could be wondering around still.
good luck with the search.

+1 ^^^ if after that you cant find him move out of that room to the next nearest room. However they usually don't go far so look very hard in the original room as he may be in a very tight secure space. If you still can't find him, check warm spots, tight spots etc. Then if he still isn't showing himself, put flour on the floor to show tracks of where he's been, a mouse/rat out, plastic bags for noise (make sure he cant get easily stuck in them) then turn off the lights or wait till dark and keep it quiet so you can hear him etc etc. Usually they are fairly easy to find. Also always check the enclosure as sometimes they just like to be back safe in the warmth of there home.

Best of luck!

Place baby powder in the door ways and across the floor of the room to see which way he's heading. Worked wonders for me when my diamond pulled a fast one on me.

This is why I keep my little ones wrapped around my neck or in my shirt while I clean mine...I clean my big girl out when my housemate is home to hold onto her...I hope it turns up soon mate.

First place I'd look? Christmas tree :lol: What? I found mine there :D

They usually go to a warmer spot. My spotted just usually chills next to her tub on the heat mat. Check everywhere though. Boxes, shelves, clothing, in cracks, under stuff. Everywhere!!!! It's amazing where these guys can get to ;)

how big is this snake and what breed, if you put him in an empty room he might have gotten up the door frame or window frame and be hiding up top. or is he small enough to get under the door. was the window open. i usually find mine very close to the spot the escaped from. or in the air con unit or under the shoe rack.

Sympathies

Had an escapee after xmas visitors heart stopper as I had no idea what time she got out. I looked and looked then I remembered something I had read. I turned the air con on as cold as I could, put the ceiling fans on and within an hour she made her appearance. Another tip I read was plastic bags around the walls and turn the lights out obviously after dark, then quietly sit and listen I haven't tried it but I got lucky.

I know how you feel and it's not good.

Post us when you find it please.

Good Hunting.

Sit in the middle of the room, turn out all the lights... wait 5 minutes then search the room with a torch :)

Thank you all for these wonderful tips, I really do appreciate all this help :) I've layed out bags got the air con on and waiting in the dark, he's a coastal Proserpine so he could have of climbed up, I'm out of rats atm :( ill be onto it tomoro straight away, I've searches every single room high n low only place I could think that's left was the ceiling but I couldn't imagine how he could get up there

Thank you all for these wonderful tips, I really do appreciate all this help :) I've layed out bags got the air con on and waiting in the dark, he's a coastal Proserpine so he could have of climbed up, I'm out of rats atm :( ill be onto it tomoro straight away, I've searches every single room high n low only place I could think that's left was the ceiling but I couldn't imagine how he could get up there

He will turn up. I would also leave his enclosure open with the heat on. Mine roam the living room when I clean and I have to fight them to keep them from going back in on their own.

good luck oh and double check the enclosure. They can be buggers hen they want to hide. My little albino vanished the other day. Took me 30 minutes to find him after half destroying his enclosure. He has got into a fake rock hide and found a space I didn't know existed. How he got in there was beyond me, but he cam out for a quail lol.

Haha I was thinking setting up my old hide rocks around to see if he'll take to em, fingers crossed thanx again :)

egu7anyb.jpg
found him, I will never underestimate what snakes can fit into ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back