toilet trained python???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulatones1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a 7 foot proserpine carpet python we have had her near three months and in that time she has only ever done her business when i have have taken her outside for a little exercise is this normal or is it possible to toilet train a snake? I dont know who raised her but she has a very bossy peronality and she lets me know when she wants to go out by squeazing me very tightly and hissing in my ears normal she is very relaxed when i handle her. This may seem like a dumb newbie question but if you dont ask you never know so some experinced opinion would be appreciated thanks

Hi Paula, I have a Jungle and a Coastal and lately when I have been taking them outside they also have been doing their business. This hasn't always been the case though, although it is strange that the last few times I have taken them out they have 'taken care of business'. Hey I aint complainin its less cleaning for me...

Hi i have a 7 foot proserpine carpet python we have had her near three months and in that time she has only ever done her business when i have have taken her outside for a little exercise is this normal or is it possible to toilet train a snake? I dont know who raised her but she has a very bossy peronality and she lets me know when she wants to go out by squeazing me very tightly and hissing in my ears normal she is very relaxed when i handle her. This may seem like a dumb newbie question but if you dont ask you never know so some experinced opinion would be appreciated thanks

No she isn't toilet trained. Taking her outside encourages movement & new smells/textures encourage defication.

A lot of people take snakes out on the grass to take a crap (myself included) as it is easy. You can normaly tell when a snake needs a crap as there is normally a bulge towards the tail (forward of the cloaca).

Hi Paula, I have a Jungle and a Coastal and lately when I have been taking them outside they also have been doing their business. This hasn't always been the case though, although it is strange that the last few times I have taken them out they have 'taken care of business'. Hey I aint complainin its less cleaning for me...

Thats mainly why i have asked it is really nice that she prefers to do it outside as the smell is pretty gross lol, i have two younger snake and i wanted to see if i can get them to behave in the same way i take Selena (7 foot prosy) out whenever the weather permits probably 2 to 3 times a week, My husband takes bow (5 foot coastal) out probably once a week he's a bit flighty harder to control and our baby Slinky ( 50cm prossy) doesnt go on the ground yet

- - - Updated - - -

2 to 3 times a week depending on the weather shes a big girl and i like to keep her handled as she can be quite bossy and cage defensive.

Can you please post some pictures???

What of the snake crapping on the grass.lol...Yes defiantly toilet trained,just gotta make sure you take out her outside to defecate s few days after a feed..lol...Soon she might sit and beg for a rat...

Our Proserpine and MD both do this.. it's the movement and stimulation that gets things moving - they don't really run around their cages much lol

My female RSP, always without fail, does her business as soon as she is on carpet. I let her 'do it' if she hasnt past the previous meal for 2 weeks.

I take mine out on the grass 5 days after a feed seems to work a treat

I take my jungle out on the grass 4-5 days after feed but my dad wants to hold her first.....she always gives him a....uh...present :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back