Help stop this!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nellynake

Reaction score
I have come across a page notifying snake skinning.

[Link Removed]

if everyone could sign it, I'm sure it would spread the word and put the word across.

Thankyou

(Mod/admin can you please remove the thread if it has something wrong or isn't allowed, thanks)

Moderator note: Link has been removed as it contains graphic images. Please PM Nellynake if you would like the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed it :D Great cause! Thank you for that Nellynake :)
EVERYONE SIGN IT!

signed with a lengthy speech ;)
terrible, terrible action. :cry:
Some seriously sick minded people in the world that (as mean as it sounds,) we could really do without. :evil:
Second Sharkky's post
EVERYONE SIGN!
THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WHO KEEP AND LOVE REPTILES COULD REALLY PUSH THE TOTAL OF SIGNATURES FOR THIS CAUSE SO PLEASE DO!

Thanks everyone and nellynake for that because I don't know about everyone else but this kind of thing does affect me in a very tough way. I am not the most sensitive of people however this kind of thing is horrible.

Last edited:
Hey bannapeel's back ;) If you haven't, do it. NOW!

It would end up being very difficult getting the meat from crocs and gators if skinning them gets banned.

Haha yes I'm back Sharkky! @Ramsayi: Yes, but by skinning it for eating the animal is being used. (i personally don't eat croc and gator as there is other meat that I am happy to eat which has (sad but true) been bred for eating.)
By just skinning an animal for skin we are not using the whole animal, and the use of what we are using is nil. It's a want not a need. I think eating croc and that kind of stuff is also a want not a need but that's my opinion and I can't talk since I eat beef, chicken etc even though I don't like it unless it's in the form of a pie...

- - - Updated - - -

Even better to sign and FORWARD to others too!

- - - Updated - - -

Jeez that was quick sharkky haha I was hardly finished posting ;):D

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you have multiple email adresses, sign it multiple times :D (maybe using a different name) ;)

Hello all I have been hiding in the shadows but this is a cause to truly have a voice, this act is sickening and should be stopped.

So I have signed
more should
cheers Jacob

Haha yes I'm back Sharkky! @Ramsayi: Yes, but by skinning it for eating the animal is being used. (i personally don't eat croc and gator as there is other meat that I am happy to eat which has (sad but true) been bred for eating.)
By just skinning an animal for skin we are not using the whole animal, and the use of what we are using is nil. It's a want not a need. I think eating croc and that kind of stuff is also a want not a need but that's my opinion and I can't talk since I eat beef, chicken etc even though I don't like it unless it's in the form of a pie...) ;)
sorry but what do you think happens to the snake meat in these THIRD WORLD countries where this is taking place , what they just throw valuable meat away

and croc meat is bred for eating , just like cows and chicken

Ok yeah so they would eat the snake but do you agree to this or do you not care about it?

and ok I was wrong about the croc meat but I don't know why I can't bring myself to eat it. For some reason it just isn't quite the same as eating chicken or whatever. Anyway I don't like meat but my mum makes me eat it because she's not making extra meals for me :rolleyes:

I posted this topic on another forum to help get more signatures. Also emailed it to all my friends....that like snakes and some that are scared of snakes. They'll probably just delete it :( Worth the try though :/

Just a quick question before signing. How would banning this change anything don't get me wrong I am all for your cause and am more then happy to sign but want banning it just make people do it illegally? Would they really care what the law states? I will sign I'm just worried that it won't work as well as intended. Good on you because any difference no mater how small is one difference closer to completely stoping this horrible act in its tracks!!!:D

Last edited:
did anybody read it , its for Europe its being put to their parliament to stop the sale of reptile skin products , it will not stop it being done in the countries that it is actually taking place in

bananapeel , from what ive been told by a guy who has a business in bali doing this then selling the handbags in america , alot of the snakes are farmed , sure their only grown just large enough to harvest a decent skin and some would still be wild caught at times , its not that i thinks its a great thing to do but i just don't see the point in sighing something that is going to be put to a parliament in a totally different country to me and to where it is actually taking place

there are far greater problems in the hobby that the time and money could be spent on , if they where devastating wild populations doing it then sure get on top of it but from what i know its not the case

and the article is full of bull , the snakes are not skinned alive do you have any idea how hard that would be to do

Thomass
The whole farmed snake story is a myth
95% of the snakeskins sold as farmed are wild caught
So yes they do devastate wild populations

Live skinning has been done but is not common
Its actually very easy to do
Pin the head... Ring cut... Pull off skin

Westerners are the ones who buy snake skin products
Only westerners can stop it
If snakeskin products are banned then it may help slow the huge decline in reptiles world wide

But at the same time
Snakeskin is HUGE business
Lots of people involved
Lots of very poor people too

What will they do if they have no income??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back