This is the last snake, I swear it!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeaal

Reaction score
Ok, so I met Fluffy the water python and my heart just melted (and so did my brain) and now I have my collection and I couldn't ask for nicer snakes :) She is so friendly and sweet and her colours are amazing. Fluffy has been working as a demonstration snake so she is really bombproof and loves being cuddled and getting attention.

Attachments

• water1.jpg
    water1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 816
  • water3.jpg
    water3.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 819
That was a great find! I love the rainbow shine of colours.
There will be more maybe not this week! Lol TOO ADDICTIVE!

She is about 4ft now.. I am hoping she doesn't end up too enormous. They don't get as big as an Olive, do they?

Last snake for the week?

She is awesome Xeaal, congrats. They generally get between 2 to 3m so not as big as an Olive :)

Very lucky! She's a stunning snake. I would have loved a water python but as a first snake, the chances of getting a nice tempered water vs a nice tempered woma or MD is a bit different. You got a very nice one by the sounds of things! I'm too scared to try my luck! haha. sorry to hijack the thread xeaal but is it true that the qld waters have better temperaments than the NT's? sorry again xeaal:oops:

That is such a ripper of a water python!!!!!! I have never seen one looking that cool:) Sounds like a complete charm as well :D Fluffy is pure Awesomness ;)

- - - Updated - - -

....now I want a water python :p Time to google the care sheets :lol:

Very lucky! She's a stunning snake. I would have loved a water python but as a first snake, the chances of getting a nice tempered water vs a nice tempered woma or MD is a bit different. You got a very nice one by the sounds of things! I'm too scared to try my luck! haha. sorry to hijack the thread xeaal but is it true that the qld waters have better temperaments than the NT's? sorry again xeaal:oops:

Yes I had the same thoughts as you did - certainly didn't want a snake who was enormous, possibly bad-tempered etc. Did a bit of research and spoke to people from this site and from other places and then.. strangest thing.. Fluffy turns up for sale, just an hour from my house. Well, I call that fate and since I don't mess with Karma, I am a very happy person :) And yes, I do believe ( from my research) that the QLD WP are of calmer temperament than the NT.. have heard the same said for BHP, but no clue on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Last snake for the week?

She is awesome Xeaal, congrats. They generally get between 2 to 3m so not as big as an Olive :)

Yes, well apparently I'll be the woman at the VHS expo in handcuffs so I can't open my purse.....

Haha I'll be the one scouring the floor for spare cash. Particularly around any vending machines...

Thanks for that xeaal. Your snake was definitely meant to be then ;)

I'll be the one sitting home praying for an expo to pop up in SA :lol:

Hahaha she is beautiful Xeaal.:D Hey sharkyy1o5 why not just save your pennies and catch a plain to VIC for the expo either this year or next year.:D

I asked mum because we have relatives in Melbourne so we could stay there but they are scared of snakes :( My plan failed :cry: If I save up I'll be spending my pennies on a snake rather than a plane trip :p

hahaha, yep. Heart breaking </3

she looks great Xeaal you should be proud. love the Fuscus.
Im actually expecting a bite from my spotted before the water python. Not sure why everyone thinks they are so psycho, psychotic snakes come in all breeds.

My MD is an butt >.>

So far I have been very lucky; I have 3 snakes who are all of breeds people say can be seriously temperamental, yet I have managed to find a Spotted, an RSP and a Water Python who are all as gentle as lambs and really perfect snakes for a first-timer. I have one more, tiny weeny very special hatchie coming from Southern X in a few months and that will be my little snaky-poo family :)

Hahaha so what happened to 'this is the last snake I swear' huh? Well you're very lucky. I would have loved a water python but I was in amazing amazon, and the little guy struck at your hand through the click clack multiple times. Very feisty.
Yeah MD's aren't always great handlers because of individual snakes temperament. However most are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back