Show us your Invertebrates and other Insects.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXExplodexX

Reaction score
DSC_0342.jpgIt wouldn't let me change the title from show us your Scorpions to Invertebrates and Other Insects.So i had to make a new thread.

photo (5).JPG
photo (8).JPG

Some spiders. Red back and black house spider. The pic doesn't show the redbacks bright red marking. It's so dull in pics.

- - - Updated - - -

damn didn't work

Try Go Advanced and then Manage Attachments and upload from there

I got to get some pics of my Red Backs up! They are cooly cool :cool:

wow you's are brave as keeping those spiders, lol im scared of any and every spider the other day i lifted my garage door and a really fat spider landed on me ! screamed like a little girl whilst ripping my shirt off frantically cool to look at in pics though!

I'm not keepIng any but I have thousands of invertebrates around the area that I live in. I also have a collection of taxidermy exotic invets from Thailand ,Malaysia and Madagascar. I also have a large scorpion from Australia I will post pics after.
P.S They are all legally preserved and legally inported through customs.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool ^^^

Haha nilesh :D what a sight that would have been :lol:
I was cleaning out the redbacks enclosure the other day and i tried getting her out with a stick and she decided not to use the stick but to use one of the sticks in her enclosure to make her way onto my hand instead. I was a bit worried having this redback crawl up my arm so i had to keep alternating my hands so she didn't go too far up. I thinkif you freak out and panic they are more inclined to bite because this big human which is a bit bigger than them looks very scary to a tiny thing especially when it's running around with arm flying haha.

Pics didn't work
did you go advanced?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone else got anything?
bugs, pedes, spiders, scorpions, anything else?

That's pretty cool ^^^

Haha nilesh :D what a sight that would have been :lol:
I was cleaning out the redbacks enclosure the other day and i tried getting her out with a stick and she decided not to use the stick but to use one of the sticks in her enclosure to make her way onto my hand instead. I was a bit worried having this redback crawl up my arm so i had to keep alternating my hands so she didn't go too far up. I thinkif you freak out and panic they are more inclined to bite because this big human which is a bit bigger than them looks very scary to a tiny thing especially when it's running around with arm flying haha.

that gave me the shivers:shock: the thought of a redback crawling on arms..
heres some weired bug it looked scary as hell had massive jaw pincers and beady evil eyes! IMAG0548.jpg

I let my red backs crawl up my arms....I'm a reckless kid :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

UGH!!!! I hate cockroaches :shock: Yeah, that's right. I can handle snakes, lizards, spiders and scorpions but I freak when I see a itty bitty cricket....

I let my red backs crawl up my arms....I'm a reckless kid :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

UGH!!!! I hate cockroaches :shock: Yeah, that's right. I can handle snakes, lizards, spiders and scorpions but I freak when I see a itty bitty cricket....

lol you should see me trying to get some roaches from my woody colony very hard to pick them up with tweezers oh and that thing in the pic is not a cockroach its a freak lol

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgHey Nilesh that invert you posted looks like a type from long-icon beetle family.

Yeah after that I haven't minded if she takes a walk on me. I walked around camp for ages with a huntsman sitting on my back. :) so funny scaring the 'girls'. Certain types of girls.

Ha I walked around school with a wild marbled gecko on my shoulder........I reckon 50ft distance between me and the NEAREST scaredy girl:D:D:D.

Just a few more pics.
My slater spider is still hiding so i'll snap a few pics tonight :)

house spider.jpghouse spider 2.jpghouse spider 3.jpgHouse spiders (the second 2 pics are of the bigger one. When she has her legs out, she's a pretty big girl... and a much rounder abdomen than the other (1st pic) which is interesting. funny how each spider has such an individual personality. The big one with the big a$$ has a very nasty attitude and constantly strikes if you're too close. The one in the 1st pic however is quite content to sit on my arm.
redback 1.jpgredback 2.jpgredback 3.jpgredback 4.jpgredback 5.jpgRedbacks. The red is much more striking in person (as I said before) looks kinda dull in pics)

And my tub of slaters, pillbugs, millipedes and other little things. The slaters are dinner for the slater-eating spider but most the other bugs like the pillbugs have a hard exoskeleton and don't appeal much to the spiders so they are pets.

slater.jpgTheres one of the many pillbugs. (They're my favourite because they roll up)

Sharkky where are your pics :D

It's an Atla's beetle from Thailand and its about the size of my palm. As for the long-icon beetles well I have handled hundreds of wild species and never felt a thing after been bitten from them though the big ones do have large jaws, I still have never felt it before. Their is a long-icon beetle species in the group of 12. If anyone wants something like that just have a look on ebay, its there I got that group of 12 the rest were bought back with from Thailand and the scorpion was a present.

Last edited:
It's an Atla's beetle from Thailand and its about the size of my palm.

Woah! you could use that thing as weapon lol

where can one get a scorpion? im not real frightened of them probably cuz they look like a crab lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back