Show us your Invertebrates and other Insects.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate if your saw them with your own eyes you be a 1000x more impressed, they look horrible in those pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a few more pics.
My slater spider is still hiding so i'll snap a few pics tonight :)

View attachment 276026View attachment 276027View attachment 276028House spiders (the second 2 pics are of the bigger one. When she has her legs out, she's a pretty big girl... and a much rounder abdomen than the other (1st pic) which is interesting. funny how each spider has such an individual personality. The big one with the big a$$ has a very nasty attitude and constantly strikes if you're too close. The one in the 1st pic however is quite content to sit on my arm.
View attachment 276029View attachment 276030View attachment 276033View attachment 276034View attachment 276035Redbacks. The red is much more striking in person (as I said before) looks kinda dull in pics)

And my tub of slaters, pillbugs, millipedes and other little things. The slaters are dinner for the slater-eating spider but most the other bugs like the pillbugs have a hard exoskeleton and don't appeal much to the spiders so they are pets.

View attachment 276036Theres one of the many pillbugs. (They're my favourite because they roll up)

Sharkky where are your pics :D
hey are they wild or what? I have to admit they are really cool. I can't believe people are afraid of them, there are only like 60 or so species that can do humans some damage.

Just for you sharkky
very dodgy pic coz i saw the cockroach and only had my phone on me.

photo (9).JPG

Very bad pic. He was a big boy too. about 4ish cm but im no good at estimating.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

hey are they wild or what? I have to admit they are really cool. I can't believe people are afraid of them, there are only like 60 or so species that can do humans some damage.

Yeah all wild caught. The black house spiders are everywhere so very easy to find. The redbacks are a bit harder to find in vic but they're around. The slater eating spiders (which I will post a pic of later) are found under leaf litter and dirt so they're where the slaters are.

They are very cool and interesting. And redbacks have such a bad name. They are thought of as so evil and if you touch one you're dead. They are not an aggressive species and yes their bite can be fatal but they bite very rarely. Which is why I am fine holding them. Probably not a smart idea (just incase) but I do it anyway.

Yeah peacock jumping spiders are absolutely stunning! Wish I could have one of them.
Very nice scorpions ILMD12. I hope to get one someday. They are very cool creatures. Do your desert scorpions burrow alot? Do you see them much in the day?

Fantastic pics richoman. Love the pede. Stunning animals.

Ugly? They're gorgeous!

- - - Updated - - -

Why did the posts get removed?
I asked if IloveMYdiamond12 if her desert scorpion came out during the day or whether it just hid.

That is a gorgeous Giant Kotz. The biggest species around my place is huntsman.

I know whats with the over obsessive post deleting?, some of the questions can help people

The white one is a desert scorpion (urodacus yashenkoi) and the other i a black rock scorpion (urodacus manicadus)
she burrowed for ages bofore shedding but usually i can see her
i saw her today i think she only burriws when shes hot otherwise
the black one is ALWAYS out

The white one is a desert scorpion (urodacus yashenkoi) and the other i a black rock scorpion (urodacus manicadus)
she burrowed for ages bofore shedding but usually i can see her
i saw her today i think she only burriws when shes hot otherwise
the black one is ALWAYS out
ok then the black one is either attention seeking or evil den den den deeeennn.

photo (10).JPGphoto (11).JPGSome very dodgy phone pics of the slater eating spider out and about. which I said I would get pics of.
He's a gorgeous spider but god he's lazy :rolleyes: have to pretty much hand feed it. haha

He's only about 9mm body length but. But he's very cool and a nice looker too. :D

So is the yellow thing the spider? Very cool if it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used have this Katydid type thing are I also had spiny stick insects, they were female and the eggs are due to hatch in a month or so.

So is the yellow thing the spider? Very cool if it is.

Yeah the kind of orange thing with the creamy abdomen. He's a very pretty spider.

- - - Updated - - -

i currently have , four lycosa sp.,badge huntsman and a Sparassidae sp.

I have found a holconia of some sort which I hope to catch but i'd love a few delena cancerides (social huntsmen)
They're my favourite haha

I love him I think I see those guys in the wild every now and then. So what do you think will be next to be added in to that over all cool collection. I want a banded huntsman from QLD as well as many other animals.

Last edited:
Guys, this thread is a show us what you have or what you had.
Feel free to share opinions or comments on what someone else has but keep the what you want and what your next door neighbor from Nam in 1967 had once before to PMs or the chit chat section please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back