Looking for pics of solid coloured beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie_lad

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I went to an expo months ago and seen a beardie that was full on solid orange and wondering if anyone had pics of animals like this they could post up ? Ive done plenty of googling on yellow and orange phase bearded dragons but they are no where near as much as a solid colour as what the one at the expo was so im not sure what the go is there. If anyone has any pics of solid coloured (not sure if this is the right terminology lol) bearded dragons post em up =)

Orange beardie.jpgYellow beardie.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
here's one of mine that is close to solid, this is about a year ago. he only colours up this much tho when fully warmed up or when soaked in the bath, and now is starting to get alot of orange replacing the yellow

DSC00063.jpg

2012-08-31 13.21.34.jpg
This is the photo in my avatar of one of our old boys - he'd go like this in the sun, during mating season, bath, etc. They'd range from this solid colour to a kindof stony grey, sometimes really dark, other times he'd be yellow. It depended on UV and mood from the looks of it :) My MIL has an awesome photo of one of our males when he went a really bright, solid orange. I loved the colour changes, it was a surprise every time :D
They've since been sold :( Needed the space, and I miss them, but I'm happy they're in good homes.

goat 008.jpgbeardies 2 001.jpg

she goes a solid yellow and some times a dull yellow.

Awesome looking beardies in this thread I cant wait to get me some :) maddog yours is very yellow I like it. I was under the impression that they would be this solid colour permanently but as it seems from the discussion it can depend on mood and lighting etc.. Do they just look like normal beardies most of the day? i.e not coloured.

this is a more recent pic of the same guy as i posted above as he normally looks
IMG_0046.JPG

and this is him coloured up now, alot more orange than yellow these days.....also he's about 5 yrs old now
IMG_0274.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

here's one of his offspring, just turned a year old before xmas, i cant wait to see how the colours turn out on this guy as an adult
IMG_0276.JPG

Looking good mad dog its unbelievable how much the colours change.

at what age do the colours seem to pop out on Beardies??? some of the "coloured" hatchies that I have seen look exactly the same as normal hatchies so I have been wondering a lot about how old they are before the colours really stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back