Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

This is how Sid managed her first day of heat wave...still in the bath at 20:30hours. She did spend time stalking the house earlier.

How did your favourite beasties cope today?

Attachments

• 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    001 [1600x1200].jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 349
  • 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    002 [1600x1200].jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 289
Just sprayed everything several times, and have the fans running 24/7 :)

My mertens water monitor did the same thing Sid did. my monitor was 100% submerged except when his nostrils broke the water level to breath every 50-60 minutes. As for my other animals they either were placed inside ,kept at the cool end of their enclosure or sprayed with water. Either way they did not like it at all.

Man, today really sucked!! I brought my tigers indoors in tubs and placed ice packs rapt in towels over the tops of the other snake hides. I hate days like today. Luckily my tigers, Colletts snake enjoyed air con today :)

My little guy was lucky for me to leave a timer on my air con to get some cool air into my apartment while I was at work :) came on for 15 mins every 45 minutes to re-cool the place :)

Hahaha. If it got any higher I would have place cold packs wrapped in tea towels with my animals. I already lost one to heat a few years back.

Had my mertens lights off and he spent most the day in his water. It still got to 34 at the coolend and my rosenberg is inside with a/c.

It was 42 where I live. Our house is soooooooooooooooo cold inside! All my enclosures' hot sides stayed at the 31-33 degree C mark (Depending on species). Everything was normal :p So everyone was pretty much as usual today. :D

Its still 35 at 10pm, I really hate weather like this.

I had the heat off for my MD, plus the air con on at the other end of the house, and ceiling fans going, so his enclosure was around 26/27, he was fine.

I had a few frozen bottles of water in the freezer ready though.

Your's and sharkyy's animals were lucky then:D. Oh and if you were wondering the animal I lost was a brown tree frog. It just died not wasn't sure why so I assumed it was heat because the temp was around 45 I think. It was when I was 8 so I was a bit upset but I'm over it now.

Llama....shaved llama:D.

Put all in tubs and placed them inside looks like Howard's storage world in my house 46 outside and have not finished lining my herp room

Lucky I was still on holidays, ice packs and spray bottles and basking lights off for most of it.

I had an emergency enclosure move this morning and put my angle heads in the lounge room with the air con on. Everyone else was already in the lounge room so no problems really but the snakes are looking a little hot and bothered and the water dragons are all in their water.

Had the air con on most of the day, I was monitoring the enclosure pretty closely all day, temp in the enclosure didn't go above 28-29c, bundy didn't even come out of his hide until I got him out for a stretch at 8pm, his new enclosure I was working on didn't go above 28c

I had an emergency enclosure move this morning and put my angle heads in the lounge room with the air con on. Everyone else was already in the lounge room so no problems really but the snakes are looking a little hot and bothered and the water dragons are all in their water.
No sulking SAHDS for you. When I read the wether report I thought to myself god help all the keepers of SAHDS, as in their may be one or two upset little lizards today.

Good to here. My geckos were rather happy as well, as they don't really mind so long as its dark and below 45c. They were out running around chasing crickets and generally mucking around, as per usual when its dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back