Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelysmoley

Reaction score
I need some help, my new woma is in her click clack and she can almost get out of it, ive had to use heaps of those black paper clips to keep it down. Where can you get good secure click clacks that you wouldnt have to worry about your snake escaping.

Thanks Joel

Sistema tubs work well. Get them from the usual places (Coles, Woolworths, etc.).

They don't have to be Sistema branded, any tub that has a decent locking system will work well.

^+1, pick em' up from coles or woolies heaps cheap :D

My dog was barking up stairs before, and i freaked out a bit and ran upstairs thinking the snake got out and he was barking at the vaccum cleaner...

+1 to E_Bunny...I forgot to quote...lol

I hope you've got it secure now. I don't need to tell you how you will feel if you wake up in the morning and the snake is gone.

I am not sure what your tub (and locking system) looks like, but perhaps put a heavy weight on the lid (not covering the air holes) as well. Make sure it is heavy enough so the snake can't push the lid off, but not too heavy that it places too much stress on the lid.

Oh, god, I would have freaked!!!! Put a brick on the top of the tub...should hold it down?

Now it knows that it can get out, it will keep trying! So Secure it well and good luck!

Just buy any tub with either clips ,vacuum seal lid or click on lid. For an attractive type set up go with a tub with a clip on lid but for an even more secure set up go with one that has clips on all sides. Good luck;). Cheaky woma:D.

kindest regards
Reptiles4me

the one i have now only has clips on two sides. im going to go buy a sistema one from woolies. I got about 7 of them black paper clips on the side and the tub of spare substrate on top. So i think i will sleep tonight knowing that my first snake wont get out.

Sorry guys. I re-read this post this morning and even I don't agree with it! It creates to many arguments and is actually a very stupid idea.:xI'm not going to be posting in Help sections late at night again.....sorry guys for the bad advice ,I'm glad you didn't take it seriously :)

In future if I post a silly idea like this again and it is late at night.....IGNORE IT!

Thank you, Sharkyy :oops:

Last edited:
The older the tape the better it works and if you have some already it saves you time and money.
P.S don't get any on you or it will be a HAIR RAISING experience.:lol::D

Haha i think i will be alright. i got a heavy tube full of the spare substrate on top of it. its covering the airholes but there are heaps of airhole along the side of the enclosure. like 20 on two sides. i went and checked on her and she was about to start climbing up the top again to find somewhere out but when she saw me she went back down the bottom. I doubt she can get out. i am 100% confident :)

Do not use tape anywhere near your reptiles!!! they can get stuck in it and it can cause damage to them! buy a better quality tub or enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back