Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is only a hatchling, and the tub is about 25 cm high and she is about 45 cm so she has to lift half her body off the ground, push a 3.5 kg tub off the top, 7 black paper clips that are attached to the sides and the two clips on the side of the click clack. Would she be strong enough to do all that?

Last edited by a moderator:
She is only a hatchling, and the tub is about 25 cm high and she is about 45 cm so she has to lift half her body off the ground, push a 3.5 kg tub off the top, 7 black paper clips that are attached to the sides and the two clips on the side of the click clack. Would she be strong enough to do all that?

Have you got a couple of big heavy books? put them on the tub for the night, and you'll be able to rest easy for the night. pop down to coles/ woolies in the morning and get yourself a better click clack.

Well anyway good luck with it all Joleysmoley! I'm sure she'll be fine for the night and look for a new tub tomorrow :) add some photos when it's all re-set up!

Here is a photo of it all. She is down the bottom (smiling for the camera)
Would i be able to sleep easy? Those paper clips go all the way around. And the towel is to stop her from stressing (just lifted it to take the photo)

Attachments

• Photo 4-01-13 9 43 36 PM.jpg
    Photo 4-01-13 9 43 36 PM.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 56
Looks good and secure! But I call those things bulldog clips or pin clips, I think with actual paper clips in their place would look hilarious!! :D

Hey mate,

i just can't make out where your air holes are. They are not all on top are they? If so I would ditch the towel. Air is more important, just turn out the lights to stop stress.

if it were mine, I would simply tie a couple of bits of string round the whole thing to hold the lid on, Or use several rubber bands, or even occy straps. That will hold the lid on, sort the rest in the morning

it looks like you have done a great job of securing it. i think shed have to be a superwoma to get out of that! go to bed! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate,

i just can't make out where your air holes are. They are not all on top are they? If so I would ditch the towel. Air is more important, just turn out the lights

very good point.

The air holes are on the two sides you cant see (those smallest sides). And the lights are out

Will do. Thanks everyone, appreciate all the advice, you helped out a great deal.

Get a belt out of your cupboard and use that. In the good old days they used up put them around suit cases to stop them popping open in transit.

Here is a photo of it all. She is down the bottom (smiling for the camera)
Would i be able to sleep easy? Those paper clips go all the way around. And the towel is to stop her from stressing (just lifted it to take the photo)
Don't worry about it that looks secure enough to hold an adult let alone a hatchling. Nice work;)

Get a belt out of your cupboard and use that. In the good old days they used up put them around suit cases to stop them popping open in transit.

In the olden days people even used them to help hold their pants up although that seems to have been forgotten now.

In respect to the earlier post suggesting duct tape, that is one of the worst products to use anywhere near where your snakes are. There are many old threads where people snakes have gotten stuck and badly injured after getting into tape that their owners thought they would never be able to access.

Woo hoo survived the night, now just gotta go and buy a new container!!!!
She seems very happy in there.

Shes going great, just fed her. Very food responsive, glad she settled in so quickly.

Post some pics!!! I would love to see her in her new set-up:D.

I havent got the new escape proof tub yet but ill post a pic of her in her enclosure. the environment will look exactly the same. just in a more secure click clack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back